Removing backplate on 08

MrMilo
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
Anti-spam: Mg42

Removing backplate on 08

Post by MrMilo »

Having a little trouble getting this pin out on my 08 to remove the backplate. Any tips on how I can safely do this to clean it properly?
Attachments
069.JPG
mg34nz
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Re: Removing backplate on 08

Post by mg34nz »

Not a lot of options if its stuck, try a gentle tap using a drift that is close to the size of the pin,worked for me.

Andrew
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

All I see is a half black picture with a white square. Surely you can get a picture with something visible.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
mg34nz
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by mg34nz »

jbaum wrote:All I see is a half black picture with a white square. Surely you can get a picture with something visible.
Its a pic of the back plate bottom pin protruding from the side of the receiver, I downloaded and edited so I could see what it was.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

If you get a second person, you can push down the detent while some else hits the pin with a hard plastic hammer. Just don't depress to much... Frankly usually a fair smack with a plastic hammer usually pops it.
MrMilo
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Post by MrMilo »

Thank guys I have the backplate off now! Sorry I can be a bit slow sometimes so thanks for helping out. My next challenge is I am not understanding how to remove the barrel extension plates, connecting rod, and crank handle from the rest of the gun. I have Dolf's book and it is excellent but I must be missing something on this step.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

MrMilo wrote:Thank guys I have the backplate off now! Sorry I can be a bit slow sometimes so thanks for helping out. My next challenge is I am not understanding how to remove the barrel extension plates, connecting rod, and crank handle from the rest of the gun. I have Dolf's book and it is excellent but I must be missing something on this step.
Remove the lock. Remove the left and right closure plates. Remove fusee cover/spring. Remove feedblock. Pull straight back. If fusee arm hits optics bracket, rotate the cocking handle.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Sounds like the guy needs an actual operating manual, which Dolf's book is not.

I'd recommend the Schmitt MG08 manual.

:read: :read:

John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com