Well...be honest...i can take it

GUNHEEP
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Well...be honest...i can take it

Post by GUNHEEP »

I know i paid too much for the rifle, aside from the faint stamps and crack in stock, it is all matching g41(w)..what do you guys think?
Thank you
Andy

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=407001244
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Well...be honest...i can take it

Post by JBaum »

Looks fine, just a sanded stock. I don't think the little crack detracts from the overall good condition otherwise.

The link didn't work for me, so I just did a copy/paste with the item number in Gunbroker's search bar: 407001244
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Regardless of condition versus price, are you happy with the rifle you bought? To many "expert gun collectors" are totally focused on making money off their collections. Most of those guys are on other gun forums, but few "collectors only" are here. The guys here shoot their guns and play with them... A LOT. Many collectors would not even think of shooting even the mismatched "shooter grade" guns. IMHO an all matching safe queen is not FUN to own. It;s like owning the Mona Lisa and hiding it in your basement where no one on earth can see or appreciates it. Many of us, including me, have overpaid on occasion for a gun we wanted. I don't sweat it. I still enjoy shooting the gun. If you want guns as an investment, then you will have to niggle and scheme to pay the least for a gun, and have to develop a skill in marketing and purchasing in order to advance your collection. I don't do well in competitive collection game. I'm just an engineer. Not my skill set. We all like the fact that most of our collectible guns increase in value over time, it's just that some of us see more to gun collecting than the dollar sign. For me, sharing my more scarce and expensive guns with friends and family at the range and collecting memories is far more satisfying. Some arrogant collectors LIKE to shake their had at you when you pay more than they would for a historical piece. Screw the gun snobs. They probably don't have real friends anyway and their mother's didn't love them. If you overpaid for a new gun , just wait a year until the market price matches your purchase and you really won't care anymore.

For the record, I paid a few THOUSAND dollars more than market value to a member on this site for his MP-40. Most of the regulars on this site know who I'm talking about. It had an older hook style bolt handle feature that is scarce on MP-40's today. At the time it was the only one with that feature on the market, AND the guy was willing to take payments over time, which was rather generous. Plus, he needed cash to move to a new state, which I sympathize with. Now that same gun is my wife's PERSONAL favorite. So much so, that she actually said to me "don't ever sell this one." She and my friend's wife use it exclusively when we go out to the range. Who cares about the money? How many husbands have wives this cool ?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

One of the reasons that I've never thought about buying something that only has a few rounds fired. Either it's a virgin or has been shot -- As I'm Going To Shoot It. And normally a lot. Safe Queens, not for me if I can help it.

Enjoy your collection and if it's safe queens then that's your call. Not mine.

If you only over paid a little then that's ok next week the "book/catalog" price will be going up anyway. Main thing is that you like it and you did not use the children's food money to buy it. If you did then you overpaid no matter how cheap you got it.

Enjoy

Happy Easter.

Later 42rocker
GUNHEEP
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by GUNHEEP »

Thanks guys...i always tell a customer that "todays high price is tomarrows low price" ..i probaly paid a little more than i wanted..but i had a hard, long time trying to find. G41(w)..now i just need to finish my g41(m).. Still looking for parts..i found a few spares but nothing that i need to complete the rifle..i still won't give up yet..it hasn't been 11 years yet...that is how long it took me to complete my japanese type 89 lmg..
As for the mp40... I remember that smg..i was going to buy it, but something better came along for me..that is a nice gun
Take care
Andy
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

You can try really hard, but you can't own them all. I have only a few items, but at least they are the ones I've always dreamed of. It's easy to take on too many projects, and then they all become unfinished.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
GUNHEEP
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by GUNHEEP »

I know and i agree...that is why i do not have anymore cars and motorcycles...it is the hunt and the labor of love, is why i do it..
I will complete it..someday...i hope
Andy