Ww2 mg 08/15 bipod attachment?

dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Ww2 mg 08/15 bipod attachment?

Post by dwmmg08 »

Has anyone seen an available copy or original of the 08/15 front bipod attachment from World War II era? I would love to have one but I haven't ever seen one to get.
Blanksguy
General
General

Re: Ww2 mg 08/15 bipod attachment?

Post by Blanksguy »

Yes...several over the years. Some come up on GunBrokerAuctions.....and some on E-Bay.

Some are made as reproductions over in Europe....possible make a contact through the people that I listed earlier in your other two "Threads" on MG08-items........
....or contact that man in France that sells reproduction WWII weapon-related items....such as reproduction MG42 "spring-Clips" to hold the bolt-assembly together while in the Gunner's Pouch.

Regards, RichardS in Bay City, MI.
US Army, Retired
Blanksguy2001@charter.net
...............................................next MG08 question.....?
MarkFinneran
Oberst
Oberst

Post by MarkFinneran »

I am stating fact but be very wary of the 'repro' man in France. The company is AAS or 'sniper' and is very much a reproduction company. The crime, and the dealer is a Mr JC Laurent, is that he advertises and sells as original, incl on Ebay. If you want Vietnamese repro then great but for those wanting original do check. As you may have guessed I have had some run ins with his 'advertising' and took over a year to receive a refund. As always usual business threats did not work until legal action was initiated, then as they say in France - voila!
Anyway you are all a good bunch and so if it is repro you want then ignore me!!!
Seeking all items, large or small, to the Imperial MG08, MG08/15 & T Gewehr.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Blanksguy wrote:Yes...several over the years. Some come up on GunBrokerAuctions.....and some on E-Bay.

Some are made as reproductions over in Europe....possible make a contact through the people that I listed earlier in your other two "Threads" on MG08-items........
....or contact that man in France that sells reproduction WWII weapon-related items....such as reproduction MG42 "spring-Clips" to hold the bolt-assembly together while in the Gunner's Pouch.

Regards, RichardS in Bay City, MI.
US Army, Retired
Blanksguy2001@charter.net
...............................................next MG08 question.....?
I have seen many repro bipods but never the attachment for the front mount. I know who you are talking about and have bought from him for years. I have never seen any from him.
jmann
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by jmann »

While we are talking about ww2 use of 08/15's, does anyone have any specific details about the conversion done to the waterjacket where the steamport connector was done away with and a hose type connection added in its place?
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

jmann wrote:While we are talking about ww2 use of 08/15's, does anyone have any specific details about the conversion done to the waterjacket where the steamport connector was done away with and a hose type connection added in its place?

What details are you looking for? I believe these connections to be the same as can be found on the Chinese T24 Maxim.

I would just love to know who has the MG08/15 Lafette in Folke's new book!
jmann
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by jmann »

I was wanting to know what the water jacket looked where it had been modified. I know what the fitting looks like but it looks like the jacket was modded also from the pics I have seen.
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Interesting comments on the 08/15 front bipod attachment, I'd be happy with a good repro, but I've never seen one of those either! They just don't seem to be out there?
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Well, after years of searching I finally got one thanks to a buddy in Europe! It looked a bit rough in the pictures but when I got it, it was in pretty good shape. A small bit of pitting and in need of paint. I blasted it, primed it and repainted it. Its now ready! However I will not get to shoot it for a little while.

So far its been very interesting. I do think it will help stop the seesaw action the gun is known for. It seems like its going to work very nicely and is very comfortable. It does make the gun a bit top heavy. Also not the pistol grip is the piece that hits the group instead of the bottom tip of the stock.

I can't wait to try it out. Maybe I will look into getting them reproed if its really nice!
IMG_20140526_140221_905.jpg
IMG_20140526_140248_619.jpg
IMG_20140526_140308_609.jpg
MrMilo
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by MrMilo »

That's awesome thanks for sharing!
MarkFinneran
Oberst
Oberst

Post by MarkFinneran »

Forget the front bipod attachment :D the 08/15 is a lovely example!
Mark
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

That's awsome Mark, but I want one! LOL! If you hear of another one, let me know! I have been looking for one for a while, but I'm also looking for the dragging straps, if you see those!
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-BD70n ... Z808tGeQkQ[/video]

Well I have to admit to being a little disappointed in the front bipod attachment. After years of searching, I don't really like it that much! I was really hoping it would cut down on the rocking. However all it did was to rock my head around more.
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by messerschmittfan »

Super video!! What are you using for a belt. I need one for my MG08/15. Can you steer me into a source for one? Thanks Harry
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Very cool video Matt! :photos:

I still want one, I am fascinated by the WWII use of the MG08/15, and would love to field it with that, hopefully someone will walk out of the woods with one sometime for me! :cross:

Pretty cool, I do think it looks like the front is bouncing less on the last setting? I have always had better luck with the bipod switched to point to the front and then bracing against it too.

Interestingly, just putting the 08/15's water jacket on a sandbag on the edge of the trench and using the sandbag as the "bipod" works much better, as long as you mind the empties are coming out of the ejection port, it's much more stable. The Lewis shot much better for me the same way, just laying the barrel jacket down on a sandbag, and shooting from it!
MarkFinneran
Oberst
Oberst

Post by MarkFinneran »

376_001.jpg
MarkFinneran
Oberst
Oberst

Post by MarkFinneran »

cvfgt89.jpg
cvfgt89.jpg (59.01 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
MarkFinneran
Oberst
Oberst

Post by MarkFinneran »

Re (4).jpg
MarkFinneran
Oberst
Oberst

Post by MarkFinneran »

xs32.jpg
MarkFinneran
Oberst
Oberst

Post by MarkFinneran »

DWM (10).jpg