air cooled mg15

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: air cooled mg15

Post by 42rocker »

"""find a m53 kit""" always looking for m53 and mg42 parts kits -- that said I have a few of those parts kits already. Always looking to buy parts whatever if I need them or the price is right. Need to spend a lot of time sorting and then selling a few things. Also need to get in some more gun building time.

Later 42rocker
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

Ive noticed M53 kits have quieted down as far as price,I got a great kit a couple of weeks ago for 430 ,even better Mg Charley sent me a much better kit.I think I have about 10 m53s now,but I am in the same boat.I need to sort stuff out and sell somethings, and I also have a hard time getting the chance to build anything,always some kind of bullcrap,usually with business and paying bills that hampers everything,hard to put aside time or money for this stuff.I tried to download that thing to shrink pics,but I have no idea what I am doing.I have my kits pics on my facebook if you would like to see them let me know.
mgs4me
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by mgs4me »

Thanks for helping me out on the mag well. I agree on the drum prices, they are unreal, almost as much as my kit cost. Don't have one yet but sooner or later a reasonably priced one will come along.
mgs4me
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by mgs4me »

That's a nice looking kit Rocker, might consider one down the road myself before their all gone.
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

mgs4me wrote:Thanks for helping me out on the mag well. I agree on the drum prices, they are unreal, almost as much as my kit cost. Don't have one yet but sooner or later a reasonably priced one will come along.
I think the cheapest you may find one is around 300,Ive never seen them cheaper,if you find one around that range get it,make sure it works,they don't look like fun to take apart
gordie k
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by gordie k »

hi; guys my guy is working on the rec. so will know something for sure by end of the week
i need my rec. back so i can finish and test
gordie
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

Good to see you on here Gordie,we had a great conversation last week ,I am glad to see you are finally getting your rec back,you were telling me it was about a year. Like I told you I got the 2 air cooleds and I figured out the dimensions from the info you gave me,worked out great,keep me posted ,you have my phone number,I know if anyone can pull off a semi mg15 you can,also let me know when you are ready to build the zb37 jigs.Talk to you soon.Take care.. Stephen
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

to mgs 4me Looks good about the mag well,he says he has plenty,not sure about the price yet but I am guessing about 100,wont be more. I am getting a bunch of barrels in the next few weeks for a/c 15s I ll have him ship the well then if you want,that should give him time to dig it out,and figure the shipping from me to you,I would guess 10 or 15 bucks,I think its to fat for the little usps flat box.
mgs4me
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by mgs4me »

scamg34 wrote:to mgs 4me Looks good about the mag well,he says he has plenty,not sure about the price yet but I am guessing about 100,wont be more. I am getting a bunch of barrels in the next few weeks for a/c 15s I ll have him ship the well then if you want,that should give him time to dig it out,and figure the shipping from me to you,I would guess 10 or 15 bucks,I think its to fat for the little usps flat box.
That's good news, and price sounds good 2. Let me know where to send you the money when your ready. I'm glad to see Gordie is closing in on the receivers, hope I can get in on them if it's not to late. I think when he gets his up and running there will be a lot of interest in the MG15. I just think they are really neat guns IMHO.

Do you think your guy might have an extra barrel he would be willing to part with, never hurts to have an extra one, any idea of their condition?

Thanks Stephen,

Ron.
mgs4me
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by mgs4me »

gordie k wrote:hi; guys my guy is working on the rec. so will know something for sure by end of the week
i need my rec. back so i can finish and test
gordie

Hi Gordie,
I'm new to the site, but I also seen on your post on Weapons Guild about the MG15 receiver you are working on, and glad to hear your closing in on them. Any chance to get in on one when your ready? Can't wait to see you get one in semi auto up and running, hope you keep us posted on your progress. This will surely be one great build.

Ron.
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

Should be getting the mag well sunday, along with my first water cooled kit,6 ac barrels and 2 extra for the water cooled and some m53 basket mags
mgs4me
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by mgs4me »

That's great news, I'm excited to get one. :wnana: Sounds like you have a nice collection of MG15s, and I am guessing a MG42/53 kit. I have a few other kits, but decided to focus on the 15 until I get all the parts needed, then start on another kit, easier for me that way financially. Not to mention the MG15 is really a nice historical gun IMO.

Let me know when your ready, and again thanks.

Ron.
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

-Just 2 air cooled for now that was all I could find.I have 4 water cooled saved for me,I am picking that one up sunday along with your mag well,he charged me 100 bucks because I bought with a package deal,I have never seen one on Gb ,I guess like yours they cut a lot of them when they demilled the rec. just like the zb37 hard to find single parts.Ill send you email early in the week figure about 10 to 15 to ship it ill send it usps with tracking.I have a few m53s close to a dozen I guess all with good shrouds too.Centerjunk has lowered the price on them ,only thing that sucks are those kits are beat up bad and you cant always be sure of a good shroud. I also have a mint 4 cut mg2 and another mg42 kit but need the shroud.Whats better about the 15s are barrels are available the m53 are pretty much dried up unless you want to go 308 and spend a buck a round.
mgs4me
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by mgs4me »

I'd say that's a nice little collection you got going there. Your sure right about trying to get good kits, they torch them so bad that some parts can't be used, or it takes tons of work to fix them, like needing a full blown machine shop.

Only barrels I've seen for the 15 ac are the ones IMA has... 200 bucks each, I'll wait until one comes along at a more reasonable price, if ever.
Not sure cause I don't have one... is how and what holds the mag well in place? Is a Postal money order good to send for the mag well?
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

The mag well is aligned and held in place by the fatter part of the receiver,it has a notch cut into it, the mag well fits into the recess and it presses against the barrel shroud.As far as any german barrels they never get cheaper,epecially for odd guns like the mg15 they will go through the roof,because no one will make them,they don't even make them for 8mm mg 42 and variants and they are common.It also could take quite a few years for them to go up ,you never know with them they were imported before Bushs bans so most if not all of the barrels made it here ok A postal money order will be fine.Ill send you the info once I get it here,like I said should be sunday when I get the stuff. Stephen P.S you think a barrel for 200 is alot,check out what an original sg43 goryunov goes for
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

FYI they have made mg42 barrels here in the US and they are planning to make them again.

Later 42rocker
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

Hey Rocker Yeah I hear that centerfire had some a while ago cheap too, they bought a lot up someone had. Havent heard anything about new ones I am sick of paying 250 and up for used barrels. I need some zb37 barrels ,heard some of you guys waited forever to get them.Good to hear that thanks.Any idea what the m53 barrels will be going for?
mgs4me
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by mgs4me »

I have some receiver pieces to try it out on, might have enough left on them to at least fit it together. Your right about the Gory barrel, I seen one on gun broker with a starting price of 900 if memory serves me right. I got my Gory barrel from the link below, works great, cost me 250 shipped, and they supplied the barrel. I am waiting on a barrel for my DPM kit from Prexis, and he does make zb37 barrels, don't know when he'll start back up making them, as from what I have read he's behind due to a number of large orders. I ordered a DPM barrel last Sept. but nothing yet, just hoping he can get caught up soon.

http://wildhorsemfg.com/index.html

http://www.prexis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

On the top of the fat part of the rec,not where the slots are you can see where it fits in.I wrote Cody a few weeks ago at wild horse ,hell do m53s for 150,doesnt want to try the zb37 barrels because a rod is welded I n the breach and can be sure because of the damage there the extractor will work.I wrote prexis a while ago,h wanted to be paid in full and be put on a list,when I spoke to my buddy Marty he said a lot of guys from here were waiting a really long time. I don't do business with people like that .Marty has got someone else working on zb37 barrels when he says its ok then Ill go for it. How does that sob take money from guys and then send them a barrel a year later,no he and I would have serious problems. You cant supply the product then don't take peoples money,with the pay in full before its built there is no motivation for him to complete it. I have no idea whats going on with AUto chart I wrote the guy for the 80 percents and still no response,I wish someone like Cody at wild horse would make them,I am sure he did a great job on your Gorney barrel and that's a great alternative to these thieves asking 900,pretty sad when a barrel costs as much if not more than the kit.
mgs4me
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by mgs4me »

I know there have been some people complaining about the long wait from Prexis, and some have been given refunds, I'll wait and see if he gets back up and running soon, guess he's having some kind of problems.... don't know what though. Cody was pretty fast on my barrel, I think he had one that was already done when I ordered mine for the Gory, I was lucky no one beat me to it cause those barrels really got hot for awhile.

I never had any luck with Auto Chart either, I'm not sure their even in business anymore, from what I seen on there site they looked well made.
I read somewhere that they couldn't be made into a semi auto receiver.