Semi MG08

dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Semi MG08

Post by dwmmg08 »

Try Ancestry.com's international collection, they've been voraciously vacuuming up records that are available, including rolls of Prussian & German soldiers in 1870-71, etc. You might have some luck there, more than you think, especially if you have some more info on him, like unit or town!

Neat MG08! The conversion in Germany is interesting, that was not what I expected! Iv'e got one I take out to the WWI events out here in Kansas, I'll try to post a pic of it the last time I took it out! Haven't seen many Semi 08s!

Glen
:photos:
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by messerschmittfan »

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner, had the daughter and one of the grand kids here for the holiday. The "Militair Offecton (? not sure of script spelling), D.David, Berlin, Gips Str 23" is the address where the item was sold at. Officers above the company grade level had to purchase their own equipment back then. Company grade officers could purchase or accept the lower grade issue items. In English it would be Military (not sure of a word that is close to Offecton) D. David (firm) in Berlin on Gips Street number 23. That section of Berlin was pretty well beaten up by the Russians at the end of WWII. The family name David in German is normally Jewish so the firm may have disappeared under the Nutzi's (not a misspelling, my word for them). Harry
CaptMax
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by CaptMax »

I know this is an old thread but thought I would post a picture and bring this up again.
Here is mine, it was recently converted to semi auto by Dennis of Midwest Metal Creations. Runs like a champ.
CaptMax