k98 Sniper rifle opinions

Patty218
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

k98 Sniper rifle opinions

Post by Patty218 »

Hello there, I am looking at getting a K98 sniper rifle. At the moment I have an MG42 and Mg34, so I don't really know a thing about the sniper rifles. Here is a link to the one I am looking at, and I just wanted to know what peoples first impressions are of this rifle?

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/large ... 075&cat=16

Many thanks, Patrick.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Re: k98 Sniper rifle opinions

Post by longhorn109 »

Easy way is to ask who deactivated it. If it was Ryton Arms then deffo a fake as they have never imported/deactivated any. You need more photos of it to be sure, ask for lots before you spend almost £2k.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

Hey you guys in Great Britian;......I thought you guys can own bolt action rifles over there, even though they have to be kept at your local range 'Gun Club'......Why is a simple bolt action rifle hiving to be 'de-activated' for import there?....
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

To own a bolt action rifle you need to show "good reason" to own it and have the relevant firearms certificate. Getting a FAC is a pain in the ass so the easiest way is to get a deactivated one. You really do need to jump through a lot of hoops to own a firearm in the UK. :(
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Thanks for clearing that up "Longhorn," I was curious about the legalities as well.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864