Anti-spam: Mg42

SALE 1 only Panzerscreck RPzB 54

Post by 42rocker »

Weekend special 1 only for those that need something for their wall. At ima

Original German WWII Panzerscreck RPzB 54 Display Anti-Tank Rocket Launcher
Only $7,995
German WWII Marked, Offered Complete.

http://www.ima-usa.com/original-german- ... 222af7f996

NICE would look great in my den and yours.

Later 42rocker
CRUSADER
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: SALE 1 only Panzerscreck RPzB 54

Post by CRUSADER »

So, is anyone else hoping that IMA bought this thing so they could copy it?

I have been searching for a repro 54 for a few years now. Everything I've run across has been kinda cheesy.

It'd be great if IMA could put together good copies of this thing and then sell them for ~500 or so. I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Go for the real thing...

Later 42rocker
DDOK43

Post by DDOK43 »

I have a complete registered one, they are very cool indeed! Paid around 3k for mine a year or so ago......now looking for accessories.
TactAdv
Major
Major

Post by TactAdv »

DDOK43 wrote:I have a complete registered one, they are very cool indeed! Paid around 3k for mine a year or so ago......now looking for accessories.

Yep, that's even a high price. There are actually MANY P'screks out there, here, in circulation, and plenty of registered ones to pick from. The rockets, any variety, are what are really uncommon.....I' ve seen several prime examples over the years, all supposedly from one big dump from Aberdeen in the 50's, and they command some good coin. The real "condition" makers for the launchers are the presence and condition of the original mica view screen, sights, and launch controls.

You gotta know Christian, I guess, to make sense of his valuation of things... ;-0
I'm surprised this one listed above from IMA isn't signed by Albert Speer, with a smear of Eva Braun's lipstick on it.....all genuine of course.

-TomH
Vieles ist bekannt, dass ist nicht offenbart.
CRUSADER
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by CRUSADER »

Aren't they classed as a destructive device? Or is it the rocket itself that is a DD?
TactAdv
Major
Major

Post by TactAdv »

CRUSADER wrote:Aren't they classed as a destructive device? Or is it the rocket itself that is a DD?

If live. i.e., non-DEMIL-ed, both launchers and rockets are absolutely DD's in-and-of themselves. Most P'schreks seen here are live, registered DD's by now. Some unfortunately got DEMIL-ed along the way, and I know of at least 1 that was Form 1 reactivated, plus there are probably a fair number out there still holding up walls quietly.

Many, many of the 88mm rockets that came in under the guise of study examples post-war were immediately deactivated and used for training and other such purposes, and as being deactivated by the Government here, could be sold as surplus subsequently and were. I've seen a lot sold as "Bazooka rockets", mis-identified. (Considering their heritage, maybe not so far off actually.)

Many of both were also later imported from Finland, although almost of these were the later short-tube model. The Finns also made their own practice rockets post-War, and these are what are most commonly encountered in the militaria world of collecting if they are original.

What is truly amazing to me is considering the relative rarity of the originals, in terms of production numbers overall, is how many managed to make it over here by whatever means.

-TomH
Vieles ist bekannt, dass ist nicht offenbart.
CRUSADER
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by CRUSADER »

DD's are a nogo in my neck of the woods :(

I suppose I'll wind up with a de-mil eventually...unless someone comes up with a nice repro.