ZF12 Windage

wooferocau

ZF12 Windage

Post by wooferocau »

Was the any method of windage adjustment using the ZF12?
I have seen a sight with a secondry base with what appeared to be a windage knob, attached to the ZF12, but i didnt know if it was original or not?
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Re: ZF12 Windage

Post by IMBLITZVT »

"No, you don't need to adjust it, it is correct!" says the German.
"It is your eyes that are off, you must get them corrected!"

Haha... no real way to adjust it that I know of. That sight you saw was Bulgarian, not German issue.
jmann
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by jmann »

Thats funny, but sort of true. On the guns that have not had the reciever boxes dismantled and have the correctly numbered sight base, it is correct. Granted I have only messed with 6 or so guns, but the ones described above shot quite accurately with a zf12. Windage was always spot on. Elevation is not accurate because the ammo is not the same spec as what they were using.
The 2 sideplate guns I have run shouldnt have even bothered with the scope mount, they were way off, but im sure if someone took the time, the mount could be bent to zero the gun.
I actually have a kit that was supposedly used for this. It consists of a target and an optical borescope that slides through the backplate and into the barrel. You then look through it and align the circular reticle with the proper spot on the target and it shows you where the zf12 reticle should fall. I guess you then do what is required to get the zf12 to align with the reference mark on the target while the reticle on the borescope stays over the correct position on the target. Its been a while since I had it out. I actually was playing with the borescope the other day but I dont know what I did with the rest of the kit. I believe it was an interwar item as best as I recall.
alpencorps
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by alpencorps »

Hallo,

found this description about adjustment of the ZF12.

sorry its German :)

on page 13 is descripted what work is to do....

in a view words...
large deviation: the correction is to made ​​by bending the scope mount, special tool is required!!
small deviation: the windage is to make by filing off the scope mount

hope this help

Greetings
Alpencorps
Attachments
ZF 12 Anleitung.jpg
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

David, Please post pictures of this tool! We know you have it. :D

Hmm... what would you file?

Great info!
wooferocau

Post by wooferocau »

IMBLITZVT wrote:David, Please post pictures of this tool! We know you have it. :D

Hmm... what would you file?

Great info!

Yep, great info........ and yeah, pictures of the tool would be great.

I presume material is meant to be removed from either the front or rear of the base along the surface that mates to the reciever, thus moving the point of impact left or right???
alpencorps
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by alpencorps »

wooferocau wrote: I presume material is meant to be removed from either the front or rear of the base along the surface that mates to the reciever, thus moving the point of impact left or right???
yes ,100%.... that means the description....

Try to translate the complete description, But ....it's very difficult....needs some time...
mutch words from the old German Language is not found in the modern German-Englisch Spelling-Book.
And my english is not very well.... :(
wooferocau

Post by wooferocau »

alpencorps wrote:

Try to translate the complete description, But ....it's very difficult....needs some time...
mutch words from the old German Language is not found in the modern German-Englisch Spelling-Book.
And my english is not very well.... :(
Your English is fine......i can only imagine how difficult it must be to translate.......
Thanks for the info.. :)