Maxim Displays

wooferocau

Maxim Displays

Post by wooferocau »

Just wondering if owners could post some pictures of their Maxim,s and accessories ?

Thanks..Paul
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Maxim Displays

Post by dwmmg08 »

There's been several of them post on here, but I don't know if the pictures survived the board hacking. Where are you located, anyway? Don't see that on your tag line. Some of the best display pictures have been from some of the collectors on here from Europe, they have some beautiful things! :welcome:
bmg17a1
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bmg17a1 »

Here are some pics of some of my Maxims for your enjoyment.

Bob Naess
Attachments
BRM coll-11.JPG
BRM coll-8.JPG
BRM coll-6.JPG
BRM coll-2.JPG
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

In this case,everyone likes a showoff! :lol: Thanks for the pics,I guess I will have to stop over now! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Bob, as always, very very nice collection. Not many or any that can top that!

dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Very cool Bob! Not many anywhere can top that! I counted at least 7 sled mounted 08s in there, very cool!!!

I'm afraid my collection isn't displayed nearly as well as yours is, I should put it out more on display. Still looking for more $$$ over here too, you know that the story everywhere these days! :lol:
Attachments
out to go have fun!
out to go have fun!
MG 34 to have fun...
MG 34 to have fun...
0917101021.jpg (43.83 KiB) Viewed 3523 times
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Very nice aircraft guns too, Matt, where did you find those???

Neat!
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Holy Cr*p Bob, Is that a Finnish Lahti LMG in the first picture hanging on the wall over the M-60 looking thing? And a Madsen LMG on the wall in another photo? Never saw those before, how's the Lahti shoot??? Also, thanks for posting those cool pictures! Three Schwarzloses? :shock: What happened to the poor little Russian Maxim on the floor below the 08 in that first picture, too? :photos:

Thanks again, that's very cool! Now I'm wanting to go drool in your spare parts room... :mrgreen:

Glen
wooferocau

Post by wooferocau »

Very Very nice guns......
oprod
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by oprod »

And you say your out of maxim spare parts :lol: :lol: :lol:
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Thats a lot of nice stuff... Thanks for the pics.

Later 42rocker
bmg17a1
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bmg17a1 »

I'm glad to share with all, and all are welcome to visit should the opportunity arise! These guns have been of exceptonal value and use to me for my CII business as references for repair/resotroation work on cusotmers guns over the years, as well as for helping others understand MGs and their history. They are a constant source of entertainment, too.....

Glen: you are correct that it is a Finnish LS26 above the M60. The LS is quite accurate, has a moderate RPM and seems reliable, user friendly with moderate recoil, except for the bipod which has no stops to keep the gun from rotating 360 degrees, so it flops over on its side. The mags are not very good, though, at least the ones I've used, as the followers are sticky and unreliable despite efforts to lube or true them. Unusual and cleverly designed LMG!
The Madsen is a 1925, 6.5mm Dutch short shroud Model, contracted for the Dutch KLN and used by their expeditionary forces in the Dutch East Indies, which is a favorite of mine. When I was kid I had several favorites from memorizing the pics in Small Arms of the World: the short shroud Madsen and the Schwarzlose. I am grateful to have examples of them now to shoot and enjoy. I only acquired this Madsen last year from Steve Davis who was selling out the remains of his partners MGs from their inventory. I was amazed to see it and lucked out in buying it, and, dare I say it, for practically nothing. It was a registered DEWAT. There was another registered 7.92 M3/24 Madsen that had already sold, but I am happy as a clam to have this one!!
The 1910 on the floor is a customers semi version that I am completing for him.

Bob Naess
alpencorps
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by alpencorps »

pics of a DWM 1917

Greetings
lpencorps
Attachments
08 with trench mount
08 with trench mount
ForummA.jpg
bmg17a1
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bmg17a1 »

Nice bunker deisplay. I always enjoy the dioramas at museums of bunkers and emplacements and have considered doing that with some of my guns, but never get it done. Nice to see that you've done it. Or are you actually in preparation for an attack?

Bob Naess
ritter01

Post by ritter01 »

Not really on display. Two of my maxims at one of the shoots we attend.
Attachments
08/15 also set up in 7.62x54r
08/15 also set up in 7.62x54r
08 maxim set up to run in 7.62x54r
08 maxim set up to run in 7.62x54r
LA MITRAILLE
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by LA MITRAILLE »

Hello,

some pictures of MG......i don't know why, but i like the paint more than "gunblue" :D

To be continued.... :eureka:
LA MITRAILLE
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

David , nice you see you back on this forum!

That is maybe the best looking MG08 out there! I love the paint!
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Very good to see you again David!

Very cool displays, of course, you have some great stuff! I prefer the trench mounted maxim, that's really cool!

Glen :photos:
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Thank you for the info regarding the Lahti and the Madsen, Bob!!!! That's way cool! I'd love to try the Lahti some time, I've always thought that gun was interesting. Wonder what it would have been like if the Germans bought it in 7.92, if that would have helped fix the magazine problem?

That's neat on the Madsen, I'll bet that's a fun gun! I got to shoot an 8mm mauser Madsen at the OFASTS shoot a few years ago, and was quite pleasantly surprised, they're very very nice guns. Shot really well, but you're right, theyr'e hard to find out there. I noticed a mention in SAR of someone firing an actual German WWI Madsen at the north country shoot a few years ago, and it talked about the gun actually being marked for German WWI issue. Have you ever seen that one?

Neat collections here everyone!

Glen
I want more guns! :mrgreen:
alpencorps
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by alpencorps »

a new Find, not a real display, only for gardening.....

Alpencorps
Attachments
obenz.jpg
links g.JPG
rechts.JPG