MG-42 BRP Build

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Re: MG-42 BRP Build

Post by oakrodent »

Yes, it is a modified trigger. Very easy to do. I will look in some of my kits and see if I have them all done already. If not I will take some pics of how it is done, next week.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

oakrodent
Again many Thanks

42rocker
killerone

Post by killerone »

how about a list of tools, machines and pics. thanks for the build info you da man :D :D :D
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

That is a tricky one. I have lots of cool toys, but a lot of it can be done with a drill press with a X,Y,Z clamp on it. I mig but a lot of guys tig them. Also I have a lot of pneumatic tools but a dremal would be just as good.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

oakrodent wrote:That is a tricky one. I have lots of cool toys, but a lot of it can be done with a drill press with a X,Y,Z clamp on it. I mig but a lot of guys tig them. Also I have a lot of pneumatic tools but a dremal would be just as good.
So do you have a dedicated shop then? I forget, is MIG welding wire feed?
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

My shop is OK at best. Nothing special. Mig has the wire feed
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Atleast you've got your own shop! If i had to rely on my own personal tools alone, my gun would have dremel cutting bit scratches all over it, and very mis-aligned holes from my hand drill :lol: . Not to mention i don't have my own welder yet either!
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

oakrodent wrote:My shop is OK at best. Nothing special. Mig has the wire feed
Dude, you need to post pics. By the way, THIS is a MiG:

Mikoyan MiG-29 "Fulcrum".
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I bought my Mig through a surplus company in eastern Europe.I wondered why it cost so much and took up so much space! :? The big fans on the sides work ,but I cant find where you hook up the leads for welding! I sat at the control seat,and not enough room for any parts.No wonder they wanted to get rid of it!They tried to sell me a Yak also,but I don't know what they eat! :( ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

I would like to thank the author for this. I find it very useful and am currently doing my first one. It took me a while to be in a financial position to be able to afford to do it. I am very thankful you haven't removed your pics. I am sure this will help many people down the road. Again, THANK YOU!!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Supremely Excellent work, oakrodent!
Thank you!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Gulfstream4 »

WOW! First time seeing this post. What a great step by step build. Thanks Oakrodent. I would like to see action pictures at the range.
Thanks again
crash520
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by crash520 »

Guys, some great info here,
ref rec rear sections, as at today, who has them available, BRP, Wiselite etc and who is recomended as far as quality goes please.
Also I see there are basic sheet metal halves, some have portions remeoved and are in various ststes of finish. again, who's is most recomended/accurate.

Crash520
akvalmet30
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by akvalmet30 »

This is very helpful and useful information. I cannot nearly believe all of the work that goes into creating one of these types of firearms! I guess we all have the insane gun laws and the requirements for imported guns to be nearly destroyed and be sold as "kits" to be thankful for. Can we repeal the NFA laws already?