Oct 7th 2009 Centerfire M53 parts kits update

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Oct 7th 2009 Centerfire M53 parts kits update

Post by 42rocker »

BOY, do I HATE to make this post...... But I feel that everybody on this website needs an update on the CF m53 parts kits that they are selling for $200...... Of course need GERMAN kits see Brian at BRP, Parts see Dan at Angola. And there are also several others, Apex and MGS and IO and several other that I missed (sorry about that). Look around.

Saw a post by someone else on how on his CF kit his barrel shroud went back to the first rivet.... Of course I went RIGHTTTTT..
Well even tho its been very slow business wise.. I dug up some money and mailed it on Friday 10/2/09 and today Wednesday 10/07/09 recieved my parts kit. So to share some info, PLEASE don't buy them all before I can get a few more.

1st on the barrel shroud, normal cut on the front.. On the back, mine went past the first rivet... where do I place the front recupator hole, don't worry on mine the hole is still there...... (of course yours may be different, of course) NORMALLY on the other folks parts sets I've received I'm still tring to find the front straight area of the trunion cutouts, never mind what the trunion area looks like. NOT close enought to use a pirate piece even.. The CF is the best I've received.....
2nd this was the most complete parts kit that I have received to date. Yes, I have bought a few and set them away. I found more pins and springs in this kit than most of the other kits that I've received.
3rd of course its stated YUGO M53 parts kit, So don't hope to find German marked parts.. (still looking, of course)
4th they cut the buffer tabs out of the old receiver..... So you get them, did not receive them in any of the other parts kits before this, opps sorry did receive one of the 2 buffers, thats out of all the kits and I think that it was a mistake really. of course this seems to mean that don't look for them to find these lost cut up rear receivers later, LOL like IMA?? LOL
5th of course barrel is an extra. Still the total cost with a barrel is several dollars cheaper than other companys kits.. If you get the cheap barrel and don't like it, apex, barrel only, under $60 shipped.
6th also received BOTH front and rear recupator screws.....
7th so all parts worn... Ok, what part of used, did I miss?? Bolt looks good to go, rails look fine, booster looks worn..
8th on my butt stock a few initials and small drawings, ok well I intend to refinish anyway... What type of red stain was that. LOL tong oil,,
9th well, I wish that the numbers had matched on the "trunion" as RTG calls it. But both parts seemed to fit together, no problem.
10th has a used bipod that seems to be missing on a lot of other companys kits. yugo of course
11th if you go to the centerfire website and look at the m53 stuff you will find a part check in drawing. So you can double check for what you SHOULD have received.. NOTE you should download and save this and print it and use for anyone kits..

Ok, sounds like I like the kit that I received.. Your Right and hope to get more money up and buy a few more... HOPE..
Please note this was the kit I received yours, of course, may be well whatever, look up the other post by Chris.

If you are interested please give Pam at CF a call. Pam 1-800-915-3346

NO, I'm not getting anything by posting this. Just think that this is a really good deal, If its only for the spare parts.. I'm tring to share the good and bad on this one with the mg42 group..... Just please leave a few for me, PLEASE.. I missed out on the SG43 buy....

Yes, I'll use this kit as the front half to the build that I just started....

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Found German parts

Post by 42rocker »

On my above post, WELL German parts can be found. I found a "cof" marked piece last night under the grease. Not sure about 2 other pieces, need to check a data sheet..

The "cof" (Carl Eickhorn Waffenfabrik, Solingen) (Thanks for your book Michael Heidler) narked piece was the 026 (our parts diagrams number) Operating Lever under the top cover.

Later 42rocker
schaubel777

Re: Oct 7th 2009 Centerfire M53 parts kits update

Post by schaubel777 »

Just ordered 3 kits with 49.00 good condition barrels. Hope they are nice kits. I did get the IMA rear sections. Sounds like the IMA rear sections will work with the demilled front of these CFS kits?

Schaubel
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blackreichswehr »

these kits are a wonderful deal, mine had various small german marked parts--and to my amazement the entire top cover was german marked. on my kit ,the cut was one inch past the D hole for the rails. all the parts same as promised
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

OK you talked me in to ordering a kit today. Was afraid if I kept waiting they would all be gone since WiseLite is doing builds for the public now. Will probably just be a spare parts kit for my M53. Like you, I just didn't see how I could go wrong at that price. Did not order kit with the barrel cause I have to watch my penny's. Will make a report on what I recieve when it get's here...............Rupert
GGG
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Re: Found German parts

Post by GGG »

42rock wrote:(Thanks for your book Michael Heidler)
Hey, glad to hear that it is useful !
So it was worth the effort of all the research.

With best wishes
Michael
Need a good book about German manufacturer codes?
=> get one from the author: >> GGBuch@web.de <<

Please visit my website: http://codebuch.jimdo.com