anyone else get the shaft on alleghany kits?

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
1919gunner

anyone else get the shaft on alleghany kits?

Post by 1919gunner »

Bought two allegheny arsenal kits both sucked. :x I had to buy two more recievers from dan@angola armory he is way cool. :) I guess you live and learn. Now let the building begin. Shawn
avanarts

Post by avanarts »

Sounds like you got the typical Allegheny Arsenal kits. My understanding is that they got burned on some de-mils some time back and "over do" it now just to be on the safe side.

And would like to concur that Dan at Angola Armory is a good guy to do business with.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

I got one in a gb and am glad I didn't pay full price :shock: , the up side is all # are original matching and balance of parts are waffen nazi marked( verifiyiny true ww2) with perfect finish, I just need a barrel bearing thing that aa torched.

I wish that aa had told orin they torched that bearing and it would be unusable, the pics didn't look to to bad
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry to hear that the Allegheny kits were cut so bad and you cannot use the receiver without a load of work.

Dan at Angola Armory is letting me run a group buy of his kits, more expensive for sure, but I think the general feeling is that the nice cuts on his receivers make up for the difference.

If you want to get in that buy the link is http://www.autochart.com/mg42.htm and there are a number of photos of the kits posted there.

Orin
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

no hard feelings. I got an AA kit from you. I ordered two more recievers from Dan last week. So in the long run my GB purchase cost alot more than it would anyway. :roll: I did get to talk to a great guy though( Dan) he is also supplying me with enough grade C parts to build one of those crap AA recievers into a dummy. Oh well let the building begin. Shawn
bacl2000

Post by bacl2000 »

Belive it or not but I got a good kit from IO a couple months back. I have noticed that the 42 kits seem to be drying up :P
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

Guys, sorry to hear about the receivers from the AA kits.(Hate to say I told you so) I posted many pictures and warned you when this buy was in the works. Why do you think their is not picture of the receiver on their web site, I had a few buddies get burnt by them and their BS 15% re-stocking fee. Unless they drop their ever day price AA will have these to the end of days!!!
Otis Cambell

Post by Otis Cambell »

Here's what I got from Alleghany Arsenal in a recent group buy (besides the horribly cut receiver - knew about that going into the deal);

The kit was advertised as mostly German WWII parts - heck most of the parts are
not even German
The following are Yugoslavian M-53 parts;
1) Complete Bolt and Bolt Carrier
2) Barrel
3) Bipod assy
4) Charging handle assy
5) Complete trigger housing and assembly
6) Flashider

Parts are missing and are as follows;
1) Recuperator assembly and attachment hardware
2) Clip for rear site retaining pin
3) Front sight plunger
4) Feed tray

Broken parts:
1) Buttstock retainer latch
2) Cracked buttstock
3) Top cover latch retaining screw threads stripped / hole threads stripped. Screw staked to hold it in place - loose and flops around.

Mismatched parts;
1) Trunnion - 1 part German WWII, one part Yugo - side piece won't even slid into trunnion groove

Poor condition ;
1) Barrel corrosion pitting - severe pitting in barrel for last 1 foot area of muzzle end
2) Bolt exhibits fair condition - excessive/deep pitting (circular ring) on bolt face around firing pin

Second worse parts kit I've ever seen. And to boot AA will not refund my money.

BTW - Hey Orin
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Agreed

Post by Reichpapers »

Their quality has definatly plummeted. When they first opened shop on the internet, thety actually had really nice kits to offer...after they sold out, they must have started skimming the bottom of the pond. Age old tale of a business started after they stepped in (Try a different word.) and came across a good product....product gone, good business gone. A while back I ordered a PPSH41 and a PPS-43 from Allegheny. The kits were really nice, and from the pre trunion cut days. Recently though I have heard nothing but negatives. I'll just stick to their accesories.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

all my parts are bpr and nazi proofed, plus i got the bipod with adjusting screw, it sucks they screwed yours up, my only complaint is the cut going through the booster thing
Otis Cambell

Post by Otis Cambell »

Things are looking better with Alleghany Arsenal. We've been able to reopen negotiations and looks like we're on a good path to a successful and positive end to all this. I've decided not to go for a refund which seemed to better path for all. They've asked me to send the parts that I'm not happy with for exchange and to enclose a list of the items that are missing.

TOM R;
Glad you got an excellent deal. I hope mine works out the way yours did - looks like I'm now on the right path.

Will post final results when I get the exchanged parts and missing parts.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

this is the second kit i have from aa the first being a snowcap maxim that is excellent all ORIGINAL STAMPED matching #'s and mint bluing,I doubt it was ever fired, just wish I had gotten it at a group buy price ouch
Otis Cambell

Post by Otis Cambell »

The reason I went back to try another attempt to get things right with AA was reviews like yours and others. Kept hearing excellent things about them and Greg. My relationship with AA started out rough but figured it definitely was worth another try. So far things appear to be great and I expect everything will work out A-OK with them. Thanks for your help and input - it made a big difference in my approach with them.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

one thing that stinks is when you add the plates to the grip for sa you will cover all the waffen amps and inspecting stamps from ww2 dam shame
longtian006

Re: anyone else get the shaft on alleghany kits?

Post by longtian006 »

Hi,I saw this site on the weaponeer site also.I have most of an MG 42 parts set,and I hope to turn it into a semi some day.I hope this site turns out to be as good as the weaponeer site.