today test fire not good

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
fourfifths1911

today test fire not good

Post by fourfifths1911 »

i'm getting light primer strikes and no ignition also the end of my fp got bent wtf are you supose to shorten them to length? the grip stick and complete bolt are from thompson machine anybody got any ideas i cant seem to figuire this one out its not hitting the buffer if that helps i checked that first
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: today test fire not good

Post by gdmoore28 »

Contact Richard at Thompson Machine. I think there is a phone number listed on his web site.

GeeDeeEmm

" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I replaced his crap Firepin with a BRP one & that solved the problem right away on the bolt I have from him :?
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

i talked to richard on the phone he said i proably need to shorten the back of the fp and he is sending me a new one free of charge ,btw whats differant with the brp one
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Quality :lol:

FYI Brian @ BRP was the person who invented the design that... Thompson copies
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Order an extra strength Wolf Hammer spring for the fcg, that should solve the primer strike issue. Chris...
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Heavy spring + Thompson Firepin = punctured primers ask me how I know... :lol:
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

well i'll try shorting the thompson one and i'll call brian and order a brp fp tomorow is there spose to be a spring in there or is that optional
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Yes there is most definatly supposed to be a spring in there :shock:
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

i got a pin and spring coming from brp
mdm2

Post by mdm2 »

i had a Thompson bolt and the clearance hole in the roller bearing pin in the bolt extension was not on the same center as the firing pin hole really raised hell on the pin, i fixed it and sold it two a friend and bought two BRP pins and made my own semi bolts. THOMPSON MAKES A NICE PART for the money. but i tig welded my tail on and kocking handle piece looks much better than the mig, i also made a fixture so the tail was welded on straight, that was also of on my THOMPSON it would rub on one of my rails, i just turned a little off
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

i'm thinking the hammer is not hitting the pin square
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

i dyekemed the hammer and it's hitting on the rounded part i think i sanded the top too much so i'll have a new hammer today or tommorow
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

well i got it to fire but the bolt wasn't moving but halfway back found the problem with that recver to tight so i streched the inside with a bolt and a connector nut so the bolt rides freely now .Now i can't get it to eject it seems that the ejector spoon is falling down inside the rear of the bolt any ideas is there spose to be a spacer in there because now that it is a semi the bolt doesn't use the bolt bounce piece