New members must contact admin@mg42.us to have their account activated. Please include your username.

salt

FAL grip stick safety bar

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Commander47
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

FAL grip stick safety bar

Postby Commander47 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:59 am

I have been working on a Pirate FAL converted grip stick for an M53 I acquired.

So far all is going well and I really like the build. One thing that bothered me was not having a safety that worked as original. Well....one that looked original anyways. 8)

I cut a notch in the trigger and welded a piece of drill rod into the notch so it was nice and tight and looked like it was part of the trigger.

Then I flattened the end, but left the bottom rounded. With the end slightly rounded it makes a nice guide for the safety itself since it has a little back and forth play.

I cut a notch in the safety for the new bar, and welded a piece across the back of the grip to keep the safety lever from turning, but it can still be removed.

The system seems to work much better than I imagined. And the FAL fire control group is soooooooooooooooo smooth.

I believe I am going to cut and fit the original trigger over the FAL trigger as well simply for looks.

More to follow as I post here and on projectguns.
Attachments
trigger.jpg
safety pin.jpg

rocco1911
General
General

Re: FAL grip stick safety bar

Postby rocco1911 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Looks good let us know how it works out for ya @ the range... :photos:
I'm an expert @ what won't work & what not to do.

waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Postby waffendude » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:07 am

yes----- looks very good ----it should work
let us know if there are any problems----i think i may want to redo mine.
waffen :)

Michael J
Generalmajor
Generalmajor

Postby Michael J » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:02 am

I just ordered pirates FAL grip box. I think i will do the same as you, i cannot foresee any reason it would not work :D .
Proud to be UBC

Return to “MG42 Build It Yourself”