oxy-acetylene welding

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
jimdvan

Re: oxy-acetylene welding

Post by jimdvan »

Get a copper pipe coupling at home depot or the local hardware store. Its the perfect thickness and it can be used over and over. Should be about $2.00.... I guess that would be $10 Canadian, eh?
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

jimdvan wrote:Get a copper pipe coupling at home depot or the local hardware store. Its the perfect thickness and it can be used over and over. Should be about $2.00.... I guess that would be $10 Canadian, eh?
With our economy, give or take about that :lol: ! I'll have to take a look, i'm bound to have some scrap copper stuff lying around the shop, i'll just ask my teacher.
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

I spoke too soon about my build. It turns out the nose piece is canted down and to the right. Must have drawn up when I welded it. So, back to my good welder to have him straighten that section, too.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Better hang on to the jig a bit longer! :D Sorry to hear it moved in cooling. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

No Bil, that was for my 42. The 34 turned out perfectly. I'll post photos when I have time.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Whew! The 42 is much easier to fix-glad to hear the 34 is good! :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

I'm gonna try to test fire it tomorrow.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Thanks for the info on the copper backer.

Good Luck at the range

Later 42rocker