WTK: template for pin locations in grip stick

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
oprod
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

WTK: template for pin locations in grip stick

Post by oprod »

I believe I need a teplate for the pin locations in the grip stick. Can someone draw it out and scan it in? Or are most of you guys trial and erroring it to fit correctly? I know about machinesthuntsmtn but was really perfering to do all mods myself on my equipment.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by salt6 »

You need to first locate your hammer in relation to the bolt. Then everything else will relate off of that. Use the pin out for an AR.
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

I took a sheet of paper and placed it against my AR15 lower and then rubbed over the holes with a pencil. Then I placed the paper against the new plates and marked them with a punch.
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

Also, I remember hunts saying he would sell either the template, or the metal housing that encloses the hammer assembly.
I'm not sure which, but it sounded like a great leap ahead for a 1stimer's trial and error on pin locations. Hunts done enough to
know where they need to be the first time around.
good luck on whatever you decide....keep us posted on your progress
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

Determining the distance for the pins is easy. lay the trigger with the hammer in the cocked position and that fives you the hole spacing.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

The pin diameters are .156 in diameter. The foreward most pin is the hammer pin. It is .843 in front of the trigger pin and .314 higher than the trigger pin. Hope this helps.