Wise Lite Receiver Rails

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
morvedahl

Wise Lite Receiver Rails

Post by morvedahl »

Hi,

Has anyone thought about putting the dimples in the reciever where the rails go, or is everyone using spacers in the inside if the reciever between the rails. I know its kind of a trivial thing but to me it seems important when trying to make an accurate SA representation. Thanks.

Matt
Pirate
General
General

Re: Wise Lite Receiver Rails

Post by Pirate »

Mine didn't require dimples or spacers.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Pirate-are the inside wall-to-wall dimentions smaller to make up the differance,or is it so close that it doesn't matter?How critical is the rail-to rail dimention? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

Bil,

some people were needing to shim a bit to keep the bolt centered in the rails, others had no trouble at all.

mine needed a .010 shim on the charging handle side in order to get everything to line up in the camming section. you cant see it or even tell its there (other than me just now mentioning it) makes that bolt just fly up the rails and lock in with no trouble.

isnt the WLA .105 thick??

and how close is that to the original rear section, as my demil did not come with any of the old stuff.
say what you mean & mean what you say
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I am not sure about the difference in size but my rails worked as is.
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Ok, the bolt wasn't any different in width and the rails are flush against the receiver walls, then the metal wall thickness would have to be thicker to matain the outside receiver width or the receiver is narrower. So what happens at the cam? Is it tight against the outside of the receiver (width), a clearance, bulged out to mate with the cam or pads on the outside?