Two Centerfire Kits Arrived - Complete With Camming Sections

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
nutsrusted

Two Centerfire Kits Arrived - Complete With Camming Sections

Post by nutsrusted »

After a couple months the kits arrived today. Glad I ordered two because unlike my SARCO kit they cut the receivers well behind the camming section on both and that eliminates allot of my concerns. Both barrels were not that good. Recuperator nuts and bolts were present and all other small parts. Comparing these kit to my SARCO kit, with the exception of the mint barrel SARCO gave me I'm glad I ordered from Centerfire.

Camera took a crap. Receiver parts looks like this.

http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/downl ... &mode=view
Last edited by nutsrusted on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
URAR1004
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Two Centerfire Kits Arrived - Complete With Camming Sections

Post by URAR1004 »

Nice, post some pictures!!!
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by tony »

Good score! Hopfully we'll see more of these around
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

My centerfire kit also came, barrel shroud like shown in above post. I haven't had a chance to inventory everything yet. I did find the lower buffer cam in a bag and a complete recuperator. This was better than the MGS kit I bought.
nutsrusted

Post by nutsrusted »

Here are some pics of the two kits from Centerfire. Turns out one barrel was real nice the other was wasted. One kit had a bipod the other didn't. The parts have mismatched numbers. Those monkeys are pretty bad with the flame cutter.

Tigertank

Post by Tigertank »

Is this the standard type of receiver cut that Centerfire is sending out? If so, are these kits still available from Centerfire? I can't imagine the odds that you got two of these unless this is the way that most of them are shipping. I may need to order me some more kits.
nutsrusted

Post by nutsrusted »

I think all the guys that got kits two weeks ago received similar.

http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/viewt ... a&start=15
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thanks for the pics-those look good with the cam sections intact-however-what are the realistic options for the rear receivers? With this letest batch of kits,it seems there are a lot of guys ready to do builds,and the supply of rears seems limited at best. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
nutsrusted

Post by nutsrusted »

Hey Bil.

As far as a rear receiver I'm going to try three different options. First, I'm going to try the Coldsteel receiver. Second, I'm going to try the BRP rear stampings. Third, I'm going to wait and see if someone comes out with something new like mauser with his laser cut receiver. I figure one of the three will work. Mostly I just like tinkering so it will be fun no matter what turns out. It probably would have been cheaper just to get a three cut receiver but what the hell. Many including myself have a receiver cut just behind the rear sight. I didn't show that one in the picture. For this I think something will materialize and if not I would build a WiseLite cam section w/ BRP rear or see how bolex's build turns out w/ the Coldsteel receiver.
nutsrusted

Post by nutsrusted »

I added some measurements to the picture. This is the location of the first rail hole using the cam section cutout as reference. I did the best I could with my calipers but I would say my measurement was only accurate within +/- .010. I figure with one hole and a rail alignment jig you could get everything pretty well lined up. BYW, anyone know where I can get one of those alignment jigs? I missed out on the Weaponeer group buy.

Thanks.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Tigertank wrote:Is this the standard type of receiver cut that Centerfire is sending out? If so, are these kits still available from Centerfire? I can't imagine the odds that you got two of these unless this is the way that most of them are shipping. I may need to order me some more kits.
Welcome to the board, Tigertank :welcome: !!!!

This topic has been discussed here several times before. According to folks who work at the various parts kits dealers, the condition of the kit you receive has nothing to do with the individual dealer, as they all buy from common importers/distributors who do the cutting and collecting of parts into kits.

So far, only one board member who received kits from the last batch that Centerfire sent out has reported receiving a M53 receiver without the camming section still attached. Why Centerfire received a batch of kits with intact camming sections from their wholeseller is as much a mystery to Centerfire as to anybody else. In short, ordering from Centerfire will not guarantee that you get an intact camming section. (But in my experience they are good people to deal with.)

Maybe somebody here has some insight into why these intact camming sections suddenly appeared unexpectedly.

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Nuts-I think with the front you got with the cam section,you will not need the wise -lite piece with the BRP rear-I think you will have enough without it.Check the measurements-it is close! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
nutsrusted

Post by nutsrusted »

Thanks Bill your correct.

I found this post http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/viewt ... =blueprint If you look at the pictures BRP was selling near finished rear receivers. I wish those were still available.