semi auto bolt V2.0

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
mp40guy

Re: semi auto bolt V2.0

Post by mp40guy »

I was planning on useing the one that Thompson machine sells.

If I can get ahold of him
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

mp40guy wrote:I was planning on useing the one that Thompson machine sells.

If I can get ahold of him
I got mine (the whole bolt assy) from him and no problems.
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

I cut and pasted these from another thread.
"Note that panaceabeachbum's (Richard's) newest e-mail address is richardATthompsonmachine.net"

"Replace the yellow AT with the little thingy above the '2',it should work. ---bil"
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

Pirate wrote:
MGMike wrote:
Pirate wrote: I have done some preliminary testing and am making some improvements based on the tests. Once I have all the dimentions correct I will have parts made. this wil be a drop in conversion for those of you with a converted bolt, all that wil need to be done is drill out the feed stud in the ejector sleeve.
Pirate:

Do you think your setup will go into one of PBB's SA bolt conversions also?

Thanks,

MikeD
If you can drill out the stud in the back it will.
I am really interested in these. When you say drill out the feed stud, what diam hole are we talking about? Is this just for the fp, or is this for the tube extension on the wedge. Also, it this new design a 2 piece fp? Pictures are always a help :mrgreen:

TC

also, anyone here running one of these yet? Just wondering how well they are working?
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

you need to drill the feed stud out with a 3/8" bit so the striker tube can go through, it sticks out the rear. the entire wedge / tube assemblt is supported on both ends. it totally eliminates binding

here is a video, I have fired almost 1k rounds in 8mm and 308 developing this setup.
http://projectguns.com/mg42video.html

I have several in stock.
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

Pirates set up is flawless in my mg42, no hiccups at all and hit very hard at the primer.
say what you mean & mean what you say
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Pirate-I got the new bolt wedge-Thank you,another nice piece of work.Do I have to do any modification to your set-up? And will the old firing pin work in this? Stupid questions,but my stuff is packed away and I want to make sure I have all I need before I dig it out.Thanks. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

Pirate wrote:you need to drill the feed stud out with a 3/8" bit so the striker tube can go through, it sticks out the rear. the entire wedge / tube assemblt is supported on both ends. it totally eliminates binding

here is a video, I have fired almost 1k rounds in 8mm and 308 developing this setup.
http://projectguns.com/mg42video.html

I have several in stock.
I have a Pbb converted bolt. I think the feed stud is pressed in with a roller on top. If I drill with a 3/8" bit, it will completely go through the feed stud. I'm going to have to rethink this.

TC