Are these receiver parts weldable?

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
mspurg
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Are these receiver parts weldable?

Post by mspurg »

I bought a BRPGUN MG-42 parts kit (Grade A) back around when Columbus discovered America (LOL), and prices were still reasonable. BRP had also included a bunch of receiver parts with the kit. I can get the front receiver section as shown in the last four photos, but I still think it is impossible to use what parts I have to weld together a complete receiver section. Am I right, or is there light at the end of the tunnel?? Thanks for any input.

My parts:

Part that I can get:

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

"Those who refuse to LEARN from history are bound to repeat it." —unkown?

"Stop the illegal aliens from coming across our borders before it is too late!!!" — mspurg
URAR1004
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Are these receiver parts weldable?

Post by URAR1004 »

They are re-weldable "pieces", but with only the pieces you have shown they are not re-weldable into a complete receiver. Good luck
mspurg
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by mspurg »

That is my conclusion also; too much is missing to make a complete receiver section. Thanks for the input.

URAR1004 wrote:They are re-weldable "pieces", but with only the pieces you have shown they are not re-weldable into a complete receiver. Good luck
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

"Those who refuse to LEARN from history are bound to repeat it." —unkown?

"Stop the illegal aliens from coming across our borders before it is too late!!!" — mspurg
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

if you had that barrel shroud , a new made barrel bearing, and the rear rec ima was selling you could do it
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel