Coldsteel 80% receiver and 53M kit

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Little Rhody

Re: Coldsteel 80% receiver and 53M kit

Post by Little Rhody »

It has been brought to my attension, there are no pics posted of the CSS receiver the way it shows up at your door. (weather you get it in 8 or 16 weeks) I tried to take some pics, but they are soso. The pics with the flash are a bit washed, and the pics with out the flash are a bit blurry. (I'm not so steady). The pics seem to help its actual apearance. Some folks say TV adds 20 lbs, here the pics make things look pretty.
Attachments
Cold steel receiver 010 a.JPG
Cold steel receiver 009 a.JPG
Cold steel receiver 008 a.JPG
Cold steel receiver 006 a.JPG
Cold steel receiver 005 a.JPG
Cold steel receiver 004 a.JPG
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Pretty what?? :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Good photos. That is different than the receiver that I got several months ago. The slots were larger on mine in the bolt slot on the top. It looks like CS is doing less of the cutting holes work now which I feel is a good thing.

Side note, place a tissue over the camera flash when taking close up photos. It will reduce the amount of light that hits the subject and will reduce the burn out effect of the flash. The camera will adjust the exposure to compensate.
Little Rhody

Post by Little Rhody »

Bill, I was trying to find a nice way of saying the receiver isnt as good looking in person.

Bolex, thanks for the flash tip.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Rhody-so was I 11 :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Little Rhody

Post by Little Rhody »

Bill,

I'm lost, what does 11 :? meen?

LR
nutsrusted

Post by nutsrusted »

Looks pretty crude.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Rhody-11 is a secret code for'I missed the shift key when I wanted " !!" I was eating a donut while typing! :? ---bil
Little Rhody

Post by Little Rhody »

Ok, Bill. We are on the same page now.

LR
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

what kind of doughnut was it? Did it have sprinkles?

TC
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

NO.an old jelly donut I found on the floor.Unless you count ants as sprinkles. :? ---bil
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

just an fyi (and it may have been said I did not read the entire topic)
the pics that show the css tacked to the m53 and they are not demensionaly the same, my guns are built from pieces of different rec.'s and even originals are not all demensionaly identical :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

TOM-I have noticed that also,but haven't seen enough diferant mfrs to notice a pattern,i.e.-did each mfr have subtle difs,or were changes made during the war to the production process. ---bil
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

I wonder if during the course of the war the tooling to stamp the receivers varied some due to the press of business and allied air raids thus causing the dimensions to vary slightly. I read somewhere that most of the receiver blanks were stamped out by one company but I don't know how many stamping plants the company operated which could have contributed to slight variations as well.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I know if I was working as fast as I could,while listening for the bombs whistling down,my quality control might suffer! ---bil
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Still waiting on the other Cold steel receiver once we receive it we will start building on the two we have & let you guy's know what we come up with in reference to buildability but we won't start untill we have two if we screw one up we need another to keep going have learned this in the past 20 or so years of building that if you dont have two of something its hard to keep it running. we have several kits to work off of but without the two receivers we wont start it this should be a quick completion once we get it rolling we have several master machinests,Gunsmiths $ welders working on it plus @ lot of years of build experience between the 12 of us to get it done in no time but the wait for the reciever is the biggest hold up. we have the boosters from wise lite the gripsticks from weaponner & the Machines waiting just the steel to make it work hello cold steel we are waiting its been some time now soo if you want to chime in your welcome its been a while since your break in have you retooled & are the next batch of receivers ready to ship? or has this ship sailed. :?
Rahatlakhoom

Post by Rahatlakhoom »

You've got quite a crew.
I'm waiting on my CS also for build #1
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

How long are you waiting?
Rahatlakhoom

Post by Rahatlakhoom »

Week 5
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Coldsteel quotes 6 to 8 weeks on their web site. Mine took two weeks longer because they were still working out some issues with them back in Feb/Mar. They did send an email saying that it was being delayed. I got the receiver together and need to get a SA bolt. New versions are coming out so I am in a holding mode. I ordered the new shorter spring with the proper load so I am trying that before going to the reworked buffer for the full length original spring.