Bil's build

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re:

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

RaccoonRough wrote:Hey,

Could we see a picture of that. What living history group are you a member of?

RR
Legio XX Valeria Victrix Ballistaria. One member: me. But I have the heavy artillery. :mrgreen:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... aHouse.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... itRear.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... aTeam1.jpg
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Bil's build

Post by Bil »

I was going to post a pic of DA with his 'heavy artillery',but didn't have the heart.Go ahead,TC!! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Bil wrote:I was going to post a pic of DA with his 'heavy artillery',but didn't have the heart.Go ahead,TC!! :lol: ---bil
Yer ALL HEART, Bil... :?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Yea I have been known to get people hooked on the Subguns ya know ya need to get one more Kit a Sten MKIII kit & check out www.indianapolisordnance.com the owner Jason is a buddy of mine he posted Pics of 2 of my guns on his site His products are Top Shelf stuff.
redrivertactical
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by redrivertactical »

bil i need another place to pick up the metal for the jig...can you direct me to another place?
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

The stuff I used is called 'uni-strut',it is used in construction to hang pipes,wire conduit,lights,etc.It can be found in most plumbing or electric suppliers. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
redrivertactical
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by redrivertactical »

thank you sir im going monday to get some. FYI im done cleaning and prepping the shroud...fixing to weld up the threaded muzzle bushing...i will probably be sucking hind tit on that job too so i will no doubt need your help. I didnt quite understand the whole "indexing" part on the tutorial...thx bil :D
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

You MUST understand this before you do any welding up front!!This is one of the most important parts,get it wrong and you won't be able to get the barrel into the gun! There is also a tutorial on Pirates site about installing the wiselite repair part that explains it.Feel free to ask about anything you are not sure of. ---bil
CRUSADER
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by CRUSADER »

Hey Bil - can we get some details on the 'Rivet Whacker' gadget? :D
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I will look in the files for pictures-the tool and wacker are in Alaska right now,and I will be leaving for California in the morning! But within a few days I am sure we can get the info to you! :? ---bil
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Bil uses a whacker, but not just for rivets. :lol:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I thought I told you to stop peeking!! :shock: ---bil
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

You did... but... it's like a train wreck! you can't NOT take a little peek. NOT STARE, just a lil' peek. Enough to make me wake up screaming every night for several years. :puk:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Due to a time warp,I finally found the pictures asked for ,I re-posted them in this thread,page 3.Bucking tools for the rail rivets.Happy Wacking Day!! ---bil
nenad800

Re: help

Post by nenad800 »

Bil wrote:I used the copper backer to get the tack welds started,then followed heli's advise and welded through,to get a stronger weld.I was careful and didn't let it build up too much inside.Here are some pics of the camming section welds.I would like to thank my friends at the bike shop for all the help,especially Stan,who cut short a very interesting evening at 7 am to open up and help out.The night had just begun!
i wont make airsoft replika can you send me plans of parts whit dimensions