Replacement Barrel Bushing Sleeve

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Replacement Barrel Bushing Sleeve

Post by gdmoore28 »

Question Two:

Is anybody currently selling barrel bushing sleeves or have plans to offer some in the near future?

Accompanyng picture borrowed from another member's posting.

Thanks,
GDM
Attachments
new_made_42_bearing_214.jpg
new_made_42_bearing_214.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
avman
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by avman »

Weaponeer.net has (had) a group buy on these. I know they are collecting money at this point.
pmcbs
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by pmcbs »

You might send Gary at weaponeer.net a email - pm since looks like lots of people are not paying up. He might add you to the current group buy.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Done.

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul.

GDM

=======================================================================
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
garyh

Post by garyh »

I built one, but what a pain in the ASS!!!!!!!!
Gary
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

garyh wrote:I built one, but what a pain in the ASS!!!!!!!!
Gary
Please share. I've never needed to use one of those, but I've
wondered how you would build up the weld to make the
connection of sheet metal to bushing look somewhat original.
garyh

Post by garyh »

I have not completed all my welds do to extraction problems.... ( I may have to cut and reposition things), but i can post a pic of my tack welds if you want
Gary
garyh

Post by garyh »

garyh

Post by garyh »

garyh

Post by garyh »

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Very nice!!! Looks like a good start.With a lot of patience,you can build some amazing parts out of very little.It all takes time,and the abillity to take a chance,make a mistake.But this looks good.
garyh

Post by garyh »

When all is working correctly I will finish the welds and blend them into the barrel shroud......if that day evercomes! LOL!
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

Hi Folks:

I got my weaponeer GB bearings last week. Here is one of them pushed into the front of my Yugo shroud.

Also, I got all my rivets drilled out, and bolted the receiver parts onto the rails to see how everything fits. My "ejection port" section is just a little long at the front, so I need to trim about 1/8" off the front end of it, and then I can chamfer the joints for welding. Here's a photo of the parts all "stacked up". It's easier to hold it straight, upside-down. And don't worry, the screw heads keep the bolt from going in, I don't have my SA bolt back from PBB yet ;)

MikeD

[/img]
Attachments
Front bearing 1-2-07.JPG
Front bearing 1-2-07.JPG (94.23 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
Stacked up 1-2-07.JPG
Stacked up 1-2-07.JPG (104.2 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

mgmike it looks good -i'm confused about the "timing" --------so is the small broached groove is in the lower right "corner" looking at the rece from the front? 8)
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

waffendude wrote:mgmike it looks good -i'm confused about the "timing" --------so is the small broached groove is in the lower right "corner" looking at the rece from the front? 8)
Yes, it is.

MikeD
8mm-man

Post by 8mm-man »

That looks great.
I just wish I had a new bearing like that.
So, where would I get one at this time? Are there no direct sellers on the net?
Or will I have to wait on another possible GB?
I imagine i'm not the only one who will need one of these.
Any ideas?
Build one?---it looks beyond my skill without a machine---so I'd probably just as soon buy one.
haseo8up
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by haseo8up »

I dont know if I am correct on this, but I thought I read somewhere that those new bearings would be available for purchase without waiting on another group buy. It was either through Wiselite or from weaponeer.
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

Wise Lite made them, you could ask them.

MikeD
8mm-man

Post by 8mm-man »

Thank's!!!
Guess I'll be calling them soon. Wiselite's website is "blank".
I did not know they were the ones to make them. I can't wait to see the receivers of theirs.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

wiselite had an offer on this site -the same price as the weaponeer deal,until years end-2006 ,that is.I just missed the group buy,and am waiting for my bearing.Ordered 2 wks ago.they didnt specify a lead time.I would try there,maybe you could still get in on the lower price. ---bil