ready for a kit

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Jason

ready for a kit

Post by Jason »

hello all glad to be here. been reserching the 42 for a while (confused w/headache) and need a kit. any input on the best place to buy would be a huge help.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

if you need one now go to dan at angola armory i think he just posted prices in the sale section and helps you out where he can, some have gone to brp but they don't give all rec parts, aleg arsonal gives you trashed rec and cut barrel bearing,I think some guys go to inter ordnance, or if you want to wait look at auto chart for a group buy or weaponeer for a group buy (these take a month or more) hope this helps.

does someone have the links for weaponeer and autochart?
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

here is the link to the angola armory group buy at autochart

http://www.autochart.com/mg42.htm

hope this helps
bacl2000

Post by bacl2000 »

That is a good way to go, Bothe Orin and Dan are good guys
Jason

Post by Jason »

thanks for the imput, I'll be contacting dan next week. I see his kits are short the recoil spring and buffer latch. I found recoil springs, but no buffer latches. are these items hard to come-by?

got my blast cabinet this weekend to refinish my 1919. eveyone should own one of these things, very handy.
larryr

Post by larryr »

Jason, Cole dist. had some nice .308 kits priced @400.00.For misc. parts,Try Gunbroker,RTG, or Marstar Canada.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

TOM R wrote:if you need one now go to dan at angola armory i think he just posted prices in the sale section and helps you out where he can, some have gone to brp but they don't give all rec parts, aleg arsonal gives you trashed rec and cut barrel bearing,I think some guys go to inter ordnance, or if you want to wait look at auto chart for a group buy or weaponeer for a group buy (these take a month or more) hope this helps.

does someone have the links for weaponeer and autochart?
BRP must get their kits from a few sources. When I bought a kit from Anzio IRonworks (back when they had them), they gave you the same exact receiver front that BRP had....or maybe just a coincidensce.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I sent a money order last thursday to angola armory for a kit and orderd misc. parts from rtg. dan sounded like a great guy and was full of info.

there are pics of his parts kits at http://www.autochart/mg42.htm. I hope mine look similar
m1shooter

Post by m1shooter »

Hey,
I'm new to this sight but wondering how to find RTG?
Do they have a sight?
thanks
Jason

'

Post by Jason »

check under the F/S. he has posted a message and has a link to his site there.
Jason

Post by Jason »

by the way. welcome to the site :D
m1shooter

Post by m1shooter »

Thanks I found it.