Where do I start?

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
rat-a-tat-tat

Where do I start?

Post by rat-a-tat-tat »

I guess I haven't dug deep enough here, but I'm at a loss on how to start.

1) If I've read correctly, I need to modify the reciever pieces so they won't accept the original grip/trigger group. Are these modifications detailed somewhere here, or can someone help me?

2) After step one above, I guess I can start welding the reciever together? How do you set, or measure the length of the reciever prior to welding?

3) I guess then some modifications need to be made to the grip/trigger group? Can someone detail these?

4) I guess the internals need some modification? Can someone detail what is required there?

5) Anything else?

Thanks
avanarts

Post by avanarts »

There is a lengthy thread over on Weaponeer.net that details the modifications needed. They have lots of pics too. :D :D

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_po ... D=461&PN=2
rat-a-tat-tat

Post by rat-a-tat-tat »

Thanks Ave,

I was aware there was some information at weaponeer, but my old computer with dial-up connection doesn't seem to do well on that site. ...that, and there's no telling how much money it will cost me if I start looking at that site again. :wink:
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by salt6 »

That whole thread has been cleanded up and posted under the MG42 FAQ at the top of the page.

SB
mspurg
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by mspurg »

There was a short post over on the http://www.1919A4.com forum about someone on this forum that will do a lot of the work on a MG42 for about $625. I was wondering if this is huntinmtns? Or if not, who is it? Thanks.....

He does the following:

"As far as cost to assenble a SA MG42, one of the posters at the site (MG42) will weld you a 80% receiver, modify the bolt, modify the grip frame and supply the AR-15 parts for the modification, supply the new firing pin, install the rails, and fit the parts for about $625.00. All you have to do to finish the project is weld the muzzle end on, assemble, test fire, and refinish."

Is there any more milling, drilling or welding to be done?

MikeS
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

"Those who refuse to LEARN from history are bound to repeat it." —unkown?

"Stop the illegal aliens from coming across our borders before it is too late!!!" — mspurg