IMA has rear reciever sheetmetal.

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

IMA has rear reciever sheetmetal.

Post by salt6 »

Sevo
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sevo »

oh yeah.. I think I may get a set.

nice find
Sevo
Chris
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

Where? I don't see any receiver parts on their web site.
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

I think they are gone already. Apparently they only had 10 sets (I got that second hand, so YMMV).
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

I could get rich manufacturing sheet metal receivers if they are going that quick. How come you can't sell a car this quick?
robertmcw

Post by robertmcw »

10:50 CST - sold out. Gotta move faster next time.
robertmcw

Post by robertmcw »

Bet they will show up on Gunbroker next week for $400.00..............
none123

Post by none123 »

I think some people will be disapointed when they realize they still dont have enough to build a receiver. neither the IMA rears or the century barrel shrouds include the cam piece "section"
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

none123 wrote:I think some people will be disapointed when they realize they still dont have enough to build a receiver. neither the IMA rears or the century barrel shrouds include the cam piece "section"
That section shouldn't be that hard to replicate. Assuming you have have a full receiver as a model.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

yup you still need that cam section and the only place to get them was the brp scraps from demilled guns that used to be available for $25 man I wish I had bought more of them
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
msg1956
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by msg1956 »

I managed to get a set. I ordered it for the simple reasons of:

1) It overlaps the rear cut section of my Angola Armory set, with one of the rivet holes for the rails on the rear most section, and will aid in spacing the pieces

2) The German markings that are torched out of my AA kit are there.

3) It is the same Mfg and year as my AA Kit.

4) The rear section has the upward curve at the back of the feed cover that is cut out of my AA kit. This part will be hard to back up with copper if I have to allow for the curve.

5) I only plan to use the rear most section. I will put my original rear section, the other two cut parts, and the air jacket that came with my SOG kit together and put it on GB. That way I will have the rear section for nothing (maybe make a profit).

Now let us see how badly it is cut, and the condition the parts are in when I get them!

Jim
When in worry, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Press One to continue in English, press Two to be put on hold until you can!
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

I have a BRP kit and one of Dans receivers. You might have some dimensional problems mixing manufactures. YMMV
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

well anyone got a pic of what ima had and the price I am just curious to see, and I also noticed that the mg42 are not all demensionaly the same
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

lothar

Post by lothar »

msg1956 wrote:I managed to get a set. I ordered it for the simple reasons of:

4) The rear section has the upward curve at the back of the feed cover that is cut out of my AA kit. This part will be hard to back up with copper if I have to allow for the curve!

Jim
Im backing up the curves on my reciever with copper ribbon, i got mine from an electrician where i work, very thin and easy to bend into shape! if u need some let know and i can c if i can get some and ship it 2 u if u need it! later Brian!
Attachments
P1010030.JPG
P1010030.JPG (634.39 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Gunmetal

Post by Gunmetal »

have you tried the ribbon yet, I tried brass thin sheet once and it was a big mistake. It got pulled enough to become part of the weld and that was on a good Miller with a lot of control. I was trying to use it rapped around steel rod to get a demision that I didn't have a cut piece of brass or copper for. Just go easy but watch out for it getting sucked into the puddle, that is the only way I can explian what happened.
lothar

reciever

Post by lothar »

im thinking copper can take more heat , so im hoping it will work ok, all i can do is try and c what happens! later Brian!
msg1956
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by msg1956 »

Salt6

One of the reasons I ordered one of these receiver chunk sets it that they were from the same mfg (DFB) and the same year (MU 1944?). I figured that they would probably match up pretty good. I was going to take the stock attachment hardware off of the bottom of the receiver anyway to weld in a restricter, so that area would be wide open to weld up.

Lothar

Let me know how the copper ribbon works out. I was just going to flatten out copper plumbing fittings like Pirate said.

By the way, I got an E-mail from IMA saying that one of the items I ordered was on back order. I bet it's my receiver pieces!

Jim
When in worry, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Press One to continue in English, press Two to be put on hold until you can!
none123

Post by none123 »

The ribbon is too thin. You will melt it and it will pool into the weld.
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

I got an email from IMA last night. It looks like this deal is dead.

Reading between the lines, it looks like the BATFE pulled approval on the receiver pieces.