IMA has rear reciever sheetmetal.

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
cleansweep13

Post by cleansweep13 »

Thats just plain wrong for one guy to have all those receiver pieces. I hate you! And yes deep down I wish that was my stash!
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

cleansweep13 wrote:Thats just plain wrong for one guy to have all those receiver pieces. I hate you! And yes deep down I wish that was my stash!
All you need is one. Hey, you are in arizona, phoenix area? Maybe we can help each other out.
none123

Post by none123 »

cleansweep13 wrote:Thats just plain wrong for one guy to have all those receiver pieces. I hate you! And yes deep down I wish that was my stash!
I finally dug through my mg42 pile (it's rather large) and thats what came out... you'd really hate me if you knew how little $ it cost me to get them. best of all one of the receivers is going to a 07/sot friend of mine...it's good to have friends...that have a sot.... :lol:
none123

Post by none123 »

hakentt wrote:
All you need is one.
thats what i thought................................................... as you can see they are addicting
fjruple
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by fjruple »

Yea- You can get rich if you could make semi-auto MG42/MG3/MG53 Yugo stamped receivers.
blckwlfny
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blckwlfny »

Their still there, has anyone noticed that the pics of those received by us and seem to show much less metal that those on the IMA site?
Does this pi**-off anyone else as much as me?

:evil:
041x

Post by 041x »

Mine had more metal then the one in the picture :D
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

I finally got a chance to clean mine up. A lot of grinding. I drilled out the rivets and got the rail and recuperator bits out and ran a power wire brush all over them.

Once you get the slag and rust off, they look pretty good.

Still going to take a LOT of work to put together.
MSG

Post by MSG »

Guys... I'm working on it. But these things take time.

MSG
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Just bought mine, hand select $135 ones, I will post pics when they come. I am planning for using them on my semi-project. This late in the buying zone, things could get interesting.
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

OK; since we're all showing our IMA receivers, here's what I got from them. Hope this isn't too many photos, or too big. They are linked off of Photobucket, so if the size or number is a problem, Tom, please let me know and I will pull them.

Does anyone want another particular angle/view that I missed? I'll also try and get some photos of the SOG Yugo kit on as well, if anyone wants to see what shape that it came in.
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Wow, thanks those are very cool photo's! The receiver looks buildable... will you use it for a semi build? How will you remove the rails and the recouperator (if you intend to do so)? Post pics when (if) you clean it!
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

I'm planning on using it for a semi-build, once i can get the nose and cam section to go with my kit. Then I'll get one of the bolt and FCG conversions, do the mods, and weld it up. I just hope that I can get ahold of the missing parts I need for the receiver build.
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Jeeze, same thing as me! I just don't know when I will borrow all of the equipment and start this project. It would be great if we were neighbors (I'm a New Yorker), then we could work on our projects side by side since we are doing the same exact thing with our semi builds.
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

Well, in my case, the equipment for the build is not (hopefully) goin to be a problem, since a good friend of mine has a complete machine shop with a big tig welder that he uses for building custom bikes. He's not cheap, but he is good- rather a perfectionist, if anything- but without the parts, welding is useless and machining them all myself is probably beyond my skill level, if I can find them already made. I am wondering about doing the riveting, though. I don't have a rivet gun except for a cheesey little pop rivet tool, and that is about as useful as teats on a boar hog for this build. :-P But as they say, getting there is half the fun and most of the budget.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Seeing this thread makes me pat myself on the back for buying a Dangola 3 cut kit... it also makes me kick myself in the ass for not buying all the 3 cut receivers I could at $250 each!!!!!!!! I would be rich!
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

'sigh..' the good old days are gone my friends. I watched the great MG42 kits get sold out, and the prices double up and more. Those were in the days when I was too young to buy guns. But I am an optimist, so I am at least glad that I am around during the dying throes of a Golden Era for MG42 collectors.
none123

Post by none123 »

Demontrooper wrote:'sigh..' the good old days are gone my friends. I watched the great MG42 kits get sold out, and the prices double up and more. Those were in the days when I was too young to buy guns. But I am an optimist, so I am at least glad that I am around during the dying throes of a Golden Era for MG42 collectors.
you mean last fall?
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

:roll: More like last week! What time is it?
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Last fall? What are you referring to?