How do you trip the ejector door?

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
vulcan762

How do you trip the ejector door?

Post by vulcan762 »

Has anyone come up with a way to trip the ejector door so that it opens when the bolt moves forward into battery? I would like to keep this feature if possible but didnt see it addressed in any builds so far.

Thanks!
j.bal
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by j.bal »

I have been thinking the same thing. Might work on it this weekend.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

I have not played with the door but was told the bottom of the bolt trips it? you definitly do not want to fire if it is closed :shock:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
vulcan762

Post by vulcan762 »

Well yes, ...the bottom of the bolt DOES trip it open. But with the SA mods you mill off the part of the original bolt that activates the door. I was wondering if anyone had come up wth work aound.

TOM R wrote:I have not played with the door but was told the bottom of the bolt trips it? you definitly do not want to fire if it is closed :shock:
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

put a lump on the door so the bolt head will trip it
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
vulcan762

Post by vulcan762 »

I think it would very diffcult to add material that large to the tiny spring loaded door trip that is all of 1/8" wide.

ARE YOU EVEN LOOKIN AT THIS STUFF TOM??? ;)

TOM R wrote:put a lump on the door so the bolt head will trip it
DRH

Post by DRH »

Vulcan, Look in the FAQ under the reciever heading, scenarioL113 posted some pictures of building up the material on the latch area so that the cocking handle would open the dust cover.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

actualy no I am not lookin at it I am just throwin ideas out there the gun is at my house and I am only there 1 day a week but then guess not to many guys would know this since I never post here IAW
Last edited by TOM R on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
vulcan762

Post by vulcan762 »

...great. now I am being publically disparaged.

the shame.

TOM R wrote:actualy no I am not lookin at it I am just throwin ideas out there the gun is at my house and I an only there 1 day a week but then guess not to many guy would know this since I never post here IAW
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

You have build up the 'hump' on the cover that used to get hit by the bolt. Its tricky since youre dealing with pretty thin sheet metal that has a little spring under the hump. Take the spring and plunger out, build it up with weld and redrill as necessary. mine works as its supposed to but it took longer than the 15 minutes I had planned (like most things on the 42 build- lol)
Smooth is Fast
vulcan762

Post by vulcan762 »

Well I guess Tom was right. SORRY TOM!!!!

Im an ass.

Ok, I will have to look at it. My understanding is that the original bolt has two stubs that trigger the door. One for when the bolt is deading home and one for when you pull the charging handle back to eject a round.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

just messin with you ;)

nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
CRA

Post by CRA »

Last edited by CRA on Sun May 13, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Youre right about the original bolt/extension. Since you have to remove the part of it that hit the ramp/hump on the cover door, you have to increase the size- height- of the ramp/hump so its high enough to get hit by the extension as it moves fore/aft.
Smooth is Fast
CRA

Post by CRA »

can someone please post some pics??? :-P

I have no clue what you guys are talking about. :|
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

i don't have any pics right now . sorry
mine isn't installed yet.
yes its for the 42, it is a small spring loaded trapdoor that covers the ejection port in front of the grip-stick.
i believe BRP just deleted this as it took too much effort to make this work and there wasn't enough profit on a 5K gun to be worth installing. :roll: <- sarcasm
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

http://www.salt6.com/reciever.htm

Click the link to see pics.
MGAPA

Post by MGAPA »

This is what I did. I drilled a small hole and smacked a 5/32" rivet in there. Then put a small tack weld to keep it in. Works like a charm! :D

TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

um stupid question but hows that big long a$$ rivet clear the fa bolt blocker in the reciever?

nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
MGAPA

Post by MGAPA »

I offset the bolt block a little towards the right side of the receiver. I tried as best I could and could not get the F/A bolt in. Then I ground the rivet head on the right side so when looking from the top down onto the rivet it looks like a backwards D. The flat spot passes right on by the bolt block.