calling: huntsinmtns

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
ak47dennis

calling: huntsinmtns

Post by ak47dennis »

I know you probably have a far amount of rounds thru you 42 by now.
Have you had any problems wearing the tip of the sear? It wears just enough to cause malfunction, my first one was a gun show cheapie and my second one is bushmaster. I am using a unmodified trigger, sear, retaining pins and springs. My hammer of course is modified on the top for clearance up inside my bolt. I will try one more sear then if that doesn’t last I will take the fire control and have it checked for hardness then have it re-heat treated to the point wear its harder but not brittle.

My 42 gets used a lot from trips to the range on the weekends to reenactments I no its not a biggie to swap sears but it shouldn’t wear them so it bugs me!!!
:shock:
huntsinmtns

Post by huntsinmtns »

Dennis,

have not had any problems yet and no one has called back. I have been using the DPMS and the mil-surp ones. I'll tear mine aprt this weekend and take a look and give you the report. I wish I shot mine more often but business has been overwhelming, I would say between the Romanian 8mm and Portugeese 308 about 1500 plus rounds.

No it should not wear out their really is no load on it, hammer is modified much the same as yours, the triggers have a leg welded on back for the safety engagement, groove is milled into the original safety to accept new safety lever and in turn functions very close original. I'll be in touch shortly after inspecting it.

GR
huntsinmtns

Post by huntsinmtns »

Dennis,

I looked over trigger componets very closely, the engagement is about .025" best I could scale it using Dykem. The disconnector is about a full .05" but that has been modified due to trigger slap issue. No parts have been replaced. These were M-16 parts to start.

GR