Milling out MG3 receiver

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
DW714
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Milling out MG3 receiver

Post by DW714 »

Hi all,

I just traded a jeep to a friend for his MG3 build where he bought an 80% complete steel receiver blank and couldn't find a way to finish machining it. I have most everything except a barrel, shroud, bolt body, and grip and stalk, most of which are already on the way. But I have no idea what the internal dimensions are supposed to be so I have no idea what tooling I need to complete this receiver. I believe it's a Robert RTG receiver, don't know for sure, gotta go get more details from my friend again. I was thinking I'd just get one of those semi auto fcg and pistol grip packages off RTG and I'd be set for Single Action but I've also read in other places the Receiver has to be milled out a certain way for Single Action also.

In deep need of guidance.

Thanks
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Milling out MG3 receiver

Post by hakentt »

very hard to build one like that. BRPguns have a PDF instructions on their web page
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

You're in for a lot of work to make that gun shoot. Start with the stickies section and go from there so see what is involved in general.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

So far as I know RTG never made receivers, but they did sell BRP receivers...thats probably what you have if it came from RTG.