grip stick difference between BRP and Wiselite

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

grip stick difference between BRP and Wiselite

Post by messerschmittfan »

I hope someone can help me on this. Does the front of the grip stick from BRP fit into the modified (made larger) ejection port? I believe the Wiselite fits into the original slot that has been made longer and wider. Also Wiselite moved the rear tripod mount back a little since it seems like their grip stick is a bit longer. Am I right here. I am trying to rebuild my WWII German MG42 kit as a semi-auto but want to be able to fit onto the Lafette. When I tried to mount a Wiselite M53 onto the Lafette as it would not fit as the rear mount is about 3/4 of an inch further back. Any advice? Thanks Harry
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: grip stick difference between BRP and Wiselite

Post by JBaum »

Wiselite uses a longer receiver to get a longer (uncut) recoil spring to fit.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
HKARAK
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by HKARAK »

My Wiselite was a 1/4 inch long for the MG3 mount. Seems like some were longer and some no problem with fit, so sounds like no real concern for this spec in manufacturing by Wiselite versus an intentional longer length. Yes the BRP fits in opening of modified ejection slot.
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by messerschmittfan »

Thanks for the replies, while the Wiselite receivers are longer the problem seems to be where they weld in the rear lug mount for the tripod. Their trigger unit is almost an inch longer than the original grip stick. They wove the rear recuperator and bolt block to the rear so the grip stick will fit into the modified original grip stick hole. The BRP grip stick does not require the rear tripod mount to be moved as they mount the front of their stick into an enlarged ejection port. I finally pulled the M53 with the Wiselite receiver out of the safe (I had open back surgery a bit ago and am not supposed to lift anything heavier than a Sunday newspaper for a while) anyway I compared the Wiselite stick with those from BRP to the original sticks. I have some Wiselite serial numbered Generation one receivers that I measured against the original MG42 receivers and now see why they did it but do not understand why they had to extend the receiver for the spring. The extension on the bolt could have been shortened. I will play with that when I put the next one together. Thanks to all for the information Harry