Wise Lite Receiver

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
shootershiloh
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Wise Lite Receiver

Post by shootershiloh »

Anyone seen or built a MG42 on this receiver? I'd like to know if it's worth the money or should I go with BRP's parts? Thanks.

http://www.wlarms.com/product-p/sample4.htm
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Wise Lite Receiver

Post by blackreichswehr »

one thing, any machined reliever is far superior over stamped steel. wiselite calls this the Gen II. i'm confident the quality control is number one.the price is more than reasonable, the machine tools alone, just to make these are very expensive. years back, wiselite were offering their left and right stamped sections to builders on very limited, first come--first served offer of $1,000.00. with that, you had to do all the welding and everything, plus the economy was going down the drain but, builders pulled out their wallets. myself, I would love to have a milled receiver but,i have built 12 in stamped and just now finishing on Apollo 13. it's a coin flip for you but, if I were you, I would go with the milled.
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

A lot would depend on how your shroud is cut. If you have the length at the rear of the shroud it may save you a lot of work. Myself, I enjoy the building of these guns which is why I've built several.

I use the Global Machine receiver shells and splice a MG3 rear stub (RTG) onto them which saves me from the whole buffer plate hassle. The GM shells run about $250-$300 depending on sales. They are very good shells BTW. I see RTG now has surplus MG3 ratchet plates that have the slots cut in them which would be helpful in a build as well.

That said, if you have a long enough shroud and the funds, this milled receiver might be the way to go, but I've never used one so I can't say for sure.
Trooperjoe
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by Trooperjoe »

I went ahead and I got a complete receiver from wise lite. I have the stamping shells as well but for my first build I wanted something a little more complete. It was worth the money for me.

However, this is no ar build. I had to hand fit everything into this receiver to make it work. I spent hours grinding, filing, re welding, trimming, etc... to get my gun working. Don't think if you buy their receiver you can throw your parts kit in it and head to the range. There is a lot of fitting work you do.
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blackreichswehr »

wow, really needed all that fitting,that sucks. I guess I should have mentioned back in sept. just make your own receiver. iron worker, over @ weapons guild, shows how he did it. I made four myself, its really quite easy, at least it was for me. the first one i had about 12 hours time making one, the next 3 were completed in about 5 hours each.