New members must contact admin@mg42.us to have their account activated. Please include your username.

salt

What markings do i put on arter reweld

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

What markings do i put on arter reweld

Postby jstrohm » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:11 pm

i should no this but have forgotten where to find this info. what markings do put on the receiver on home built reweld or on any sa build. I think a serial number but cant remember what else.

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What markings do i put on after reweld

Postby JBaum » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:29 am

Here is a link to the ATFE requirements for imported and manufactured firearms:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-g ... n-overview

These regulations do not mention non-licensed manufacture of a gun made for personal use and not for sale.

I've seen others say that nothing is required for a gun made for personal use, but I haven't seen the ATFE regulation for that.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com

jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: What markings do i put on arter reweld

Postby jstrohm » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:52 pm

thank you for the link.

messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Postby messerschmittfan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:17 pm

ATF recommends that you put a number on a home build firearm that is for your personal use, it used to be your SSN in case the gun gets stolen. It is a recommendation, not a requirement. You can use the original serial number of the weapon. I have found that it makes life a bit easier when I add the semi-automatic on the receiver as well. A well meaning Police Officer seeing a MG 42 in the car and wanting to see the orange stamp on the title II form was pacified when he read the semi-automatic MG42 on the receiver. Harry

amafrank
Major
Major

Postby amafrank » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:42 pm

messerschmittfan wrote:A I have found that it makes life a bit easier when I add the semi-automatic on the receiver as well. A well meaning Police Officer seeing a MG 42 in the car and wanting to see the orange stamp on the title II form was pacified when he read the semi-automatic MG42 on the receiver. Harry

Having never run into a well meaning police officer I'm not sure what you mean. I guess marking it semi auto can't hurt anything. On the other hand finding the orange stamp will be impossible since they've never used orange that I know of.....or heard of a title II form.

Frank

messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Postby messerschmittfan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Sorry for the bad day Frank, I meant that a Police Office saw my MG42 in the rear of my SUV at the shooting range when I had the read door open and asked me if I had the registration form for it. I told him no that it was a semi-auto and showed him the gun. He was satisfied with the semi-auto markings, he also did not know that there were factory and home made semi-auto versions of the MG42 or MG34's. We had a nice interesting talk about semi-auto look-a-like MG's and he said he would be in the market for a M1919a4 semi-auto. I used the orange stamp color discription as that is what I read on the net somewhere. I do not have any title II guns so I really do not have an idea what color the stamp is and have to rely on what I read so I apologize for ruining your day. Since that is wrong information what is the correct color and form. Thanks Harry

Return to “MG42 Build It Yourself”