finished up my M53 project

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

finished up my M53 project

Post by howiebearse »

I built a M53 from a couple kits as a dummy gun and re painted my Yugo lafette tripod as well . The gun has a bolt and small section of recoil spring for when you open top cover. The trigger group is welded into the receiver. the inside welds on the cut receiver are not filled nor is the cut rails welded. A block on both sides of the front of the bolt is welded to the rails and the butt stock forward section is welded to receiver the wood will come off. The barrel will come out but otherwise its a serious dummy gun. I painted the M53 with high heat flat black and then for several days soaked it down with WD40 which gives it a sort of blued look. I had someone mix a color for me but it came out wrong so I had some color here that was real close to the green on the tripod so I mixed it up and sprayed it. I parkerized the hardware and whole center section of the top tray. Assembly was not as bad as I had thought but i will warn all of you that disassemble a top tray make sure you take the springs off before you remove the rear section. I stretched both springs and had to make a set which is no fun from some I had laying around here I need to get two new originals as these work but do not hold well. As to the help I was trying to get on assembly the guys came through and I gave it a shot. The two left side rollers can be installed as well as the front right before you slide the tray in to the rails. The last one has to be slid into place and then moved as slide the tray in wilt screwdriver you can put the bottom washers all in with grease they will stay there. I am glad i had mtric taps and dies because it made the screws go much easier to chase all the threads first and grease them when you assemble it.
Attachments
IMG_0967.JPG
IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: finished up my M53 project

Post by Bil »

Wow,really nice! Nice collection on the wall,too.Samples of the original,brand new Yugo paint colors are on the way! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

The m53 on lafette looks nice enough to shoot. And as Bil stated the other stuff looks nice. Some of the other stuff should get photos also. Lets see, background mg34 on AA tripod and a 1919a4 on tripod and looks like an 1917a1 tripod leg with a 1917a1? (something with a water feed) in the background. With of course a wall full of ak47 style weapons.
Is everything on the tripods dummy guns or do they work?

Nice stuff

Later 42rocker
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by howiebearse »

most are dummy guns the M1919A4 and My M1917A1 are both semis here is a few of my collection I collect com bloc stuff and military ammuniton
Attachments
IMG_0783.JPG
4 digit texas built M1a, winchester carbine 520 30 stevens.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG
my MG34 on AA tripod.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0969.JPG
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Thanks for sharing more pics. I think, now I want more....... OMG that's a lot of neat stuff.

Later 42rocker
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

wow----what a great collection---i want 1 of everything---or maybe 2
waffen :D