receiver I got from Allegheny today

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

receiver I got from Allegheny today

Post by howiebearse »

this receiver looks new rails are cut but that is fine for me as I am building a dummy gun. Going to be some tough welding and grinding but not as hard as trying to piece together the aftermarket items and having to mill and drill. I also ordered the gunners maint kit and it shows carrying use but inside all was near new. What I do need is a barrel that is shot out or something someone has that doesnt need it for my build I did get a barrel extension. The top cover and cocking handle have same serial number the rest is miss matched but all parts are excellent. I will have spare rails, front receiver without bearing and threads, cocking handle inside parts rough sanded well used butt complete, front sight parts, recoil spring. for trade if anyone has any yugo accessories to trade.
Attachments
IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0934.JPG
IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0932.JPG
IMG_0931.JPG
IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_0929.JPG
IMG_0928.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: receiver I got from Allegheny today

Post by 42rocker »

That's a nice start for a regular rebuilt for a working m-53. Several parts with the same serial number sounds great also. Only part that would be hard for a working rebuilt is the from part of the barrel shroud. Now barrel, Allegheny from what I have heard (seen posted this website) sometimes uses a wood stick barrel painted black... Ok, dummy gun, really can't be fired.

Any rate hope all goes well with the rebuild and you share a few pics with us.

Later 42rocker
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I can get the specs that AA used to make their dummy guns.They used PVC painted black for the barrel.I can also get the measurements for the pieces they welded inside for displacement area. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Taurus454
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by Taurus454 »

If you pait it black using Duracoat, I suspect (only a guess) whatever materiel you use will look uniform in appearance. The kit I have says it can be used on other materiel than steel like wood and PVC.

Tom
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by howiebearse »

what I do on most of my dummy builds is parkerize then one light uniform coat of high temp grill paint. This gives a uniform color as parkerizing will show on the welds. IF you want a blued look you can oil it down a few times with wd40 and rub it in then it gives it a blued look.once it drys a little more wd40 keeps it looking good. I like to make my dummy guns complete for looks and weight. I generally damage all of the parts so that it cannot be thought that it is in any way serviceable. I weld the bolts in place make all external parts welded in place that usueally move or dissassemble. I will do a pictorial as I go along for the fun of it. The left over parts from the second kit I bought on gunbroker are available if some one needs them they are yugo. No bbl no barrel sleeve but all the rest of the stuff I have spare no receiver rear sections. contact me if you need something.
Taurus454
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by Taurus454 »

Sounds good! Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Tom