More testing, sucess!!

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Pirate
General
General

More testing, sucess!!

Post by Pirate »

I went to the range after work and met Stifeout there. It rained all day and the place
was really wet. Set the gun up and started out with romanian 8mm. ran about 25 rounds
and had a misfire, ejected the round and it had a deep dimple. fired the rest of the belt ok.
put in another belt and had about 5 deeply dimpled rounds that failed to fire. I switched the
gun to .308 and ran a 50 round belt of south african non stop. I found about 40 rounds
of boxer lake city and ran that as fast as I could pull the trigger, no problem. checked the
primers and they show some signs of extrusion, but no blown primers. I think the fal fcg
solved the blown primer problem. ran a second 50 round belt of sa 308 non stop, no
problem. then it was Stifeouts turn to run a belt, worked good also. ran a total of 210
rounds of .308 no problems and 100 rounds of 8mm with about 7 misfires. all in all It
was a sucess and I am pleased with the operation. now it is time to make a few more
improvements and fix a couple of problems.
I want to incorporate a bolt hold open device and need to tighten up the stock and buffer.
Then it wil lbe time to finish grinding the welds do one last test then strip and parkerize the
receiver and parts.
Attachments
tf2.jpg
tf2.jpg (50.75 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
tf1.jpg
tf1.jpg (45.39 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
308.jpg
308.jpg (48.4 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

HELL YEAH BROTHER ! :beer: NOW THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR, congrats sir :D now let fix some guns i should mail you my junk sas3 lol
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

BEAUTIFUL!!

I'll definitely be looking for FAL fcg parts. Though i don't know anything about FALs so what exactly should I be looking for?

Glad to hear she's running good Pirate!! Tell us how you plan the bolt hold open! Pretty please!! :P :D

What's with the tape around the barrel latch? Is it flopping open on ya?
~Matt
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Tell me about the high speed low drag waffen marked masking tape!

I had to stretch my spring in the latch to get it to stay locked on mine.

Excellent JOB, Pirate!
Smooth is Fast
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I need some high speed / high temp tape. regular tape burns after 200 rapid fire rounds!!
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

HOORAH!!! Pirate,you should be a weapons designer.Brian from BRP should have figured out this design!You the MAN!!!
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

ok now quick patent it and sell it to him :roll:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
fal lover

Post by fal lover »

are you using the stock fal trigger group?, i have 3 sets from my fal builds because to be 922 i had to go with the made in the usa ones, BILL
Bullwinkle
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Bullwinkle »

Congrats!!!

How about a concise thread on the FAL trigger group build without all the coments/suggestions/armchair guessing (which helped I'm sure). It would make a nice addition to the build section...

What say yo oh mighty PIRATE???
Mess with the Bull and you'll get the HORNS!
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I wil post all the details of the fal fcg as soon as I have it perfected. A couple of changes
and improvements need to be made and as soon as I am satisfied I will post all the details
and possibly 762 x 51 will do dwgs to post also. As with all I have done so far I will post
the other improvements so all of you can incorporate them into your builds and hopefully
have a better more reliable gun than the BRP.
As far as FAL parts go you need a hammer, trigger, disconnector, disconnector spring, trigger
return spring and plunger. hammer spring, hammer spring tube and plunger.
the parts I used are metric, gunthings has a good photo of the parts on his site.