V.2 bolt parts update

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Pirate
General
General

V.2 bolt parts update

Post by Pirate »

I decided to mak a couple of improvements to the insert. I added an oilite bronze bushing and got some good quality music wire springs. After a lot of testing I decided the best way to retain the rear cap was to locktite it in place. I used blue type that can be removed.

For those of you who paid for one they will ship tomorrow priority mail for those of you who sent in bolts & grips they are in progress and I will be doing a marathon this weekend to get them finished and shipped by monday.

I am looking in to drilling some yugo wedges to be able to make more of these inserts, I got some carbide bits and drilled one, it is possible but a lot of work as the wedges are extremely hard. I don't know how many I can get from a set of bits but the extra labor and tooling cost will raise the price $25.00 to $50.00 on these.
Attachments
strikerv2.jpg
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: V.2 bolt parts update

Post by sdk1968 »

thats very cool of you Pirate for upgrading everybody who already bought your products... very cool indeed.

sdk
say what you mean & mean what you say
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by tony »

still in for one. I PM'd you some questions, if you didn't get them please contact me.

Thanks

Tony
mp40guy

Post by mp40guy »

This is the best way to go.
I want one
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

as of today I am completly out of bolt parts. as soon as I finish the conversions on hand I will see if it is possible to make more of the new inserts from yugo wedges.
mp40guy

Post by mp40guy »

If you are out of wedges can we send you some of our parts?
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

I received mine today. It is just like everything else I have bought from Pirate. Very high quallity and well thought out. Can't wait to try it out.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

mp40guy wrote:If you are out of wedges can we send you some of our parts?
The wedges I used for these have a hollow base. this allows the use of the tube for the striker assy. the tube serves 2 important functions, the first and most important is it ensures that the wedge is always straight giving a straight path for the striker and firing pin to operate without binding. secondly it supports and seperates the ejector extension eliminating another source of binding and also holding the striker return spring.

drilling out solid base wedges is difficult and I will be exploring the possibility of doing it.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Can you possibly post a picture of this in the bolt? Im having a hard time visualizing how this works
Glenn
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

Mine arrived on Saturday. it looks great :D

MikeD
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

flemgunner wrote:Can you possibly post a picture of this in the bolt? Im having a hard time visualizing how this works
Glenn
here is a photo in this thread, it is an inset that goes in the bolt.
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I got all the bolts done today and will start shipping tomorrow. for those of you who also sent grips I will start on them monday and will have them ready to ship mid week.
once I have all the parts sent out I will start figuring out if it is feasable to drill some yugo wedges for the tube assembly. if so I will make up another batch of inserts.

As of today I am out of bolt conversion parts.
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Pirate wrote:I got all the bolts done today and will start shipping tomorrow. for those of you who also sent grips I will start on them monday and will have them ready to ship mid week.
once I have all the parts sent out I will start figuring out if it is feasable to drill some yugo wedges for the tube assembly. if so I will make up another batch of inserts.

As of today I am out of bolt conversion parts.
Could you get the wedges EDM'd instead of drilling them? Just a thought.
cz2
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by cz2 »

Pirate,
Concerning the solid base/hollow base wedges,do you know what model the hollow base wedge came from? I have a war time,proofed,wedge and it's solid.A Yugo bolt with a solid wedge also.
RTG lists wedges that are post war?Are these the hollow base ones? I do not have any mg-1,2,3 bolt parts to compare.
later,cz2.
All glory is fleeting.