New wise lite receivers

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
tomcatshaas
General
General

Re: New wise lite receivers

Post by tomcatshaas »

Cpt_Kirks wrote:
Abominog wrote:I wonder how long it will be before so many are hammering their heads saying "I should have bought a dozen of those WLAs when they were so cheap!"....
Well, since they are selling only one per customer, that shouldn't be an issue.
yep, I asked that too and got the same answer. One per customer. Limited offering

TC
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

With the wild enthusiasm we have seen,I think one per customer seems reasonable. :? Honestly,there was so much fuss over the maybe receivers from Canada,I hope if he gets those to market someone will show interest.These are essentially a 2-cut receiver.Maybe it is the FFL requirement,but I thought these would be snapped up by now. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
gunter

Post by gunter »

Where is the info on these? I've looked at the WLA site and googled them and can't find them.
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

right here on the site: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6012
gunter

Post by gunter »

Doh!

Thanks Pirate.
propos

Post by propos »

well, my hat's off, that is if I wore one, to Wiselite for their receiver. At this point in time it's a little rich for my blood but if it has all the holes and is an FFl item then I suppose it is worth it. I just don't have pockets deep enough to pay the freight on this item. I do wonder why just the receiver shell isn't offered. I know that there really isn't an 80% receiver per se, but I believe that the Halo receiver had other issues that the atf boys didn't appreciate.
So, my Yugo kit will just sit on the shelf for a while longer.
Oh, and Rainbow Bil, don't use the dark red color. It takes a few minutes for my eyes to get uncrossed after trying to read your post.
propos

Post by propos »

Couldn't find the edit button so I'm posting again. I haven't visited th site for awhile and I missed the announcement by Wiselight about the receivers. From the pictures and what you get, all I can say is WOW! If I hadn't already spent my limit I would definitely be buying one of these beauties.
Guys, short of outright illegal activities, you'd better snap these up or you'll be sorrrry.
I know it's not an original with all the markings, but how much closer to plug and play can you get?
Oh crap, now I'm figuring out how or where I can scrape the money together for one of those receivers.
Hey Bil, I bet you can't figure out how to make polka dot letters. :rool:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Sorry about the dark red-the blue is out also,DA can't read it.I have tried the polka dot letters and gave up.The Grand Master is longhorn109-he did a post with every letter a differant color.I bow to his patience. PS-we have missed you here-good to see you are back and in fine form! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
propos

Post by propos »

I've been around, Bil. Now that summer is over I'm back in the constructing mode again. Still want to do the conversion for the 7.62x54R cartridge. My machinist seems to have gone on vacation all summer also. Good news is that next week I should be picking up the bolthead for the conversion. I hope. Then the barrel is off to a board member for rechambering. Again I hope. This summer has been sort of a washout. I've been working at a new job since July. I was permanently laid off from my previous job, which turned out to be a good thing. I'm one of the mortice and tenon guys at the cabinet shop where I work now. Most of the time it's a fun and very interesting job and the time flies by. We've been working 10hrs a day and it looks like we'll be getting busier. We do all upscale architectural millwork.
Also the Khyber Pass workshop(my basement) gets a bit humid in the summer and I don't spend much time down there. Once I upgrade the electrical service panel, a dehumidifier is going down there.
I'm amazed at how good the Wiselight receiver is, judging by the pictures. Since it seems that having an SA42 is becoming a very desirable item, prices can do only one thing and go up. I was just reading a post where a Yugo kit went for $655 IIRC. Good grief. I'm glad I bought my Yugo kit when I did. It's still in the box on a shelf. If the 7.62x54R conversion works out ok I was thinking of making a dedicated SA in that caliber. That Wiselite receiver would be just the ticket to do so.
blkbd

Post by blkbd »

It does not hurt to ask- Hey WiseLiteArms any chance of a 80% blank, Less fabrication on your part and from the way everyone talks about your product it would blow the CS blanks out of the water. :mrgreen:
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

I have never handled a Cold Steel Solutions unfinished receiver, so can't comment on any comparison to our stampings.
Both our receivers and the "camming section repair piece" come off of the same stamping dies, so the folks that have the repair piece have an idea of what the receivers are like.
I would say that if you don't want to order the Yugo M53/MG42 receiver that we manufacture, the Cold Steel Solutions product or a de-milled original receiver are going to be your only choices.
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by tony »

From what I've seen (and that ain't much), WLA has stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. Though I'd like to, I just don't have the time to wittle out a receiver section from a bare shell. Prices are only going to go up, if you haven't already noticed, on everything. And yes, I too would have liked to get a heads up on these during pre-production so I had the time to pony up for it instead of "Here they are!". But, say la vee...or whatever. I'm in, and I'm trying my damnedest to gather the scratch to get one before I can't (as always).

BTW, need to know if these only accept WLA gripsticks and can we get a pic of the left side of the receiver, and bolt extention (what configuration is the extention based on).

Thanks guys!
Tony
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by tony »

tony wrote:From what I've seen (and that ain't much), WLA has stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. Though I'd like to, I just don't have the time to wittle out a receiver section from a bare shell. Prices are only going to go up, if you haven't already noticed, on everything. And yes, I too would have liked to get a heads up on these during pre-production so I had the time to pony up for it instead of "Here they are!". But, say la vee...or whatever. I'm in, and I'm trying my damnedest to gather the scratch to get one before I can't (as always).

BTW, need to know if these only accept WLA gripsticks and can we get a pic of the left side of the receiver, and bolt extention (what configuration is the extention based on).

Thanks guys!
Tony
One more question...what would you call "Limited supply"? 100-500? or is it based on interest? Thanks.
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

tony wrote:
tony wrote:From what I've seen (and that ain't much), WLA has stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. Though I'd like to, I just don't have the time to wittle out a receiver section from a bare shell. Prices are only going to go up, if you haven't already noticed, on everything. And yes, I too would have liked to get a heads up on these during pre-production so I had the time to pony up for it instead of "Here they are!". But, say la vee...or whatever. I'm in, and I'm trying my damnedest to gather the scratch to get one before I can't (as always).

Thanks guys!
Tony
One more question...what would you call "Limited supply"? 100-500? or is it based on interest? Thanks.
Sorry we didn't give a "heads up" on the sale of the receivers. I was trying to not repeat what happened earlier this year. WLA thought our customer would let us sell these and so we made a posting. The response was very good, more than we expected, and there was lots of discussion. This dragged out over a few weeks and it finally became apparent that no matter how we asked the question, we were NOT going to be able to sell M53 receivers (finished or un-finished). I even "bet" Tony that we would never get permission, since from the commercial customers point of view this doesn't add any value to their completed firearms. Since they are the bill payer on this program we have to abide by their decisions.
Right up until the day I posted the advert I expected the whole offer to get "canned". Even now, it is subject to discussion and with one phone call I will have to retract the offering. Due to this we have made up just 30 Yugo M53/MG42 receivers to be sold. We estimated that would about cover the initial orders and more can be made for sale as just receivers if the demand drives it.
Here is a link to the "For Sale" ad post. There are pictures posted. I still lack an image of the bolt extension, but I have that request in:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6012

Thank you,
Richard C. Hamer
Factory Representative,
Wise Lite Arms, Texas
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
FAX: (940) 433-8096
Sales: sales@wlarms.com
Information: info@wlarms.com
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

The truth is most people have been building other projects waiting for this to materialize I for one will be working on one of there fine products soon & will Post all that I feel positive regards it. I have received Cold steel products & you all know how we feel about them. Also a very good product from Capt Kirk. Once the Wise lite shows up we will let you know just how good it is & buy the Quality of there other products which we have in hand is any indication I am sure it will be a very positve report they produce a Quality product & we have been very pleased with all we have recieved from them I would Highly recomend your purchase of there receivers in regards any other besides an original. as Pirate has said its an approved desine Case closed!

I / We have no stake in this just my honest opinion by what I have received in hand. :D
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Just a question, Why not sell the completed receiver? As it stands now, the rear section is considered a "receiver", serialized, and has to be sold though an FFL just like any other weapon. I mean why not have the barrel shroud and bushing welded to the receiver? I realize that this is a positive to get what you are currently selling, but what would be the cost impact if it was sold as a complete receiver in which no welding was required by the buyer?

I understand that your main customer may consider this to close to competion with his product so that would be a reasonable reason not to market the full receiver, also the cost would increase and the supply of barrel shrouds may be limited.

I guess what brought this to mind is that the 100% receivers I have bought in the past just required minor fitting to install the parts, riveting but no welding.
propos

Post by propos »

just a stray thought. Since these are already a FFL item, would it be possible for Wiselite to weld the customer's shroud section to the new receiver for those guys who have no inclination to weld. Or does that fall under the "making firearms" and that's a no-no if you haven't the license. Would that be considered manufacturing a firearm? Just curious.
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

At this time, and for quite some time to come Wise Lite Arms will not be able to handle the welding operation to join the receiver we manufacture to the barrel jacket that is included with the part sets.
We are in full scale production of the complete semi-auto M53, PKM, PPs-43, KP-44, PPSh-41 and various ZB's and BREN's.

The semi-auto receiver we sell is the firearm. Welding on the barrel jacket is "gunsmith" work.
propos

Post by propos »

Thanks wiselite. With the laws the way they are nowadays, it's sometimes hard to figure out what you can do legally and what you can't.