Need help fixing bbl bushing& nose PLEASE!

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
ScottD
Major
Major

Need help fixing bbl bushing& nose PLEASE!

Post by ScottD »

I welded up my receiver myself using my HF welder. All went well except I really boogered up the nose section. I cut a 2x2 section of the nose (L side) from my yugo kit and gave it too a buddy to cut and repair with his MIG setup. I got it back today and the bbl is binding so bad that I cant fix it. Ive tried a dozen times, (cut, weld, cut) but I really think the last 2 inches of the shroud need to be replaced. (its all welded and ground and welded and ground etc...) Is there anybody out there that can save this thing? Guys Im 10 minutes from giving up on this thing.........

FYI....Its now a full receiver. BBL block has been installed and trgr housing ground, but its considered 100% by ATF. AT this point I guess any work via postal transport has to be by an FFL?

Im ready to throw in the towel........... :swear:
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Need help fixing bbl bushing& nose PLEASE!

Post by Bil »

DONT DO IT! You are getting close-post a pic of it.Even if you end up needing a whole new 'nose' ,it can be fixed.And maybe someone is near enough to deliver it to,no PO involved. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Need help fixing bbl bushing& nose PLEASE!

Post by bolex »

Send photos so we can give opinions/help