FNG Questions

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

FNG Questions

Post by tony »

O.K.
I need some answers from you guys that have the know how.

I have a M53 parts kit from MGS( minus the rear receiver from caming section back), the parts that I have look good, but what are my options for a reciver?

The front barrel shroud is missing the section that mounts to the trunnion (as you all know).

If I get a rear section from BRP, where do I get the section for the front part of the trunnion?

Is my only option to get a full receiver from them?

Or to buy a complete cut up receiver?

I can weld, but where do I get the sections that I need?

And, the big pin in the rear of the grip mount....what does this hold. I see that it has a pin that goes through the grip mount into the receiver, What is above it? and does the pin that goes through it hold something?

Thanks guys for all your Knowledge and the great site!
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Coldsteel has an 80% rear section that extends 18" in length (past the cam holes). There are others in the pipe line but I an not aware of any being sold at this time. I did read the CS lost some dies and has pushed back production about two weeks (this is in the forum here somewhere). Their web site claims 6-8 week deliver times.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

The big transverse pin that is at the rear of the grip, mounts the gun in the ground tripod (Lafette).
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

Wiselte Arms has the camming section and the barrel bushing.
BRP sells new stampings
Coldsteel sells rear receiver pieces.
The auction sites have torch cut receivers.

No one sells a complete receiver...just parts. Occasionlly you can can find a 80% BRP receiver up on an auction site. Its up to you to make them semi auto and stay legal.

Do a search, most of this has been answered in the last 2 weeks.
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by tony »

Thanks for the insight all. Also, how exactly does the trunnion (or cam) mount to the receiver? From the pics I see, it is inbetween the front and rear halves but what holds this together?

Nevermind, I see now that it fits around the camming section of the receiver :oops: