How do you trip the ejector door?

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
vulcan762

Post by vulcan762 »

Excellent modification! I suppose one could also move the trip on the door over to one side or maybe add on to the trip to make it wider.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Just one thought (I like your idea better than my fix). Will the rivit in anyway interact/hold the bolt back when it interacts with a MG unmodified grip stick? Just playing devils advocate. I had thought about only milling off part of tabs on the underside of a bolt extension when I did my build and decided it was to close to chance it - yeah I know the bolt block keeps an unmolested bolt/extension out of the way, but why give someone any thing to work with.

Nice looking welds by the way.
Smooth is Fast
MGAPA

Post by MGAPA »

That's interesting. How about something like an M1 Garand or M14 has for a bolt hold open device. Could mount it on the side in a similar manner. OOOh, maybe something like the buffer latch so it looks like it belongs. That way it could pivot out of the way to install the bolt.
vulcan762

Post by vulcan762 »

i read your post twice and I still dont know what the heck your talking about.

gunslingerdoc wrote:Just one thought (I like your idea better than my fix). Will the rivit in anyway interact/hold the bolt back when it interacts with a MG unmodified grip stick? Just playing devils advocate. I had thought about only milling off part of tabs on the underside of a bolt extension when I did my build and decided it was to close to chance it - yeah I know the bolt block keeps an unmolested bolt/extension out of the way, but why give someone any thing to work with.

Nice looking welds by the way.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Im just wondering if a partially modifed FA bolt extension would pass your blocking bar and still allow the use of a slightly or less modified FA grip stick. IF this is the case, I'd do something different to avoid it. I understand what youve done. I understand your intent, but think like a criminal or an agent with hard-on for a 'gun nut.'
Smooth is Fast
vulcan762

Post by vulcan762 »

Well first those arent my pictures or my post.

But in line with your statements. Since you can build a "firearm" out of a nail, a rubber band, and a section of pipe Im sure someone could figure out a way around any modifications. It is my understanding that the modifications must be exactly like those that were sent in for review and ultimately approved to be of no concern. That doesnt mean that other designs arent acceptable it just means they havent been sent in for approval yet and are ultimately at some risk.

gunslingerdoc wrote:Im just wondering if a partially modifed FA bolt extension would pass your blocking bar and still allow the use of a slightly or less modified FA grip stick. IF this is the case, I'd do something different to avoid it. I understand what youve done. I understand your intent, but think like a criminal or an agent with hard-on for a 'gun nut.'